Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SC-03E AOSB mic volume low

Tip us?

Blangero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] SC-03E AOSB mic volume low

I'm using AOSB 1.3.5 on my SC-03E device.

Everything's OK except for the mic is way too low.

I try to enter the engineering mode but only got into the test mode and couldn't edit mic volume.

I download Boeffla sound which is recommended in the 1.3.5 page but it said kernel not supported, was it because of SC-03E kernel?

I try to find some volume control app but none of them can edit mic volume.

BTW, I must thank @MaHo_66 for the thread asking for help about GAPPS.
I can't reply that thread cause I can't get the verification image.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blangero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blangero View Post
I'm using AOSB 1.3.5 on my SC-03E device.

Everything's OK except for the mic is way too low.

I try to enter the engineering mode but only got into the test mode and couldn't edit mic volume.

I download Boeffla sound which is recommended in the 1.3.5 page but it said kernel not supported, was it because of SC-03E kernel?

I try to find some volume control app but none of them can edit mic volume.

BTW, I must thank @MaHo_66 for the thread asking for help about GAPPS.
I can't reply that thread cause I can't get the verification image.

hey mate, if you want to run boeffla sound, you need to flash boeffla kernel, but i dont know if boeffla kernel is compatible with samsung galaxy s3 SC-03E, because your device has a slightly different processor. you have 1.6 Ghz and i9305 has 1.4 Ghz processor other then that its pretty much the same. DONT try boeffla kernel if your not sure it'll work !! you need to make some posts till you get above 10 posts and then ask your questions in boeffla kernel thread or agni kernel thread with wolfson sound
Rom: Amcha Rom v6.10 - 4.3 JB
Modem: XXUENE2
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

- ODIN guide for Samsung smartphones
The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blangero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66 View Post
hey mate, if you want to run boeffla sound, you need to flash boeffla kernel, but i dont know if boeffla kernel is compatible with samsung galaxy s3 SC-03E, because your device has a slightly different processor. you have 1.6 Ghz and i9305 has 1.4 Ghz processor other then that its pretty much the same. DONT try boeffla kernel if your not sure it'll work !! you need to make some posts till you get above 10 posts and then ask your questions in boeffla kernel thread or agni kernel thread with wolfson sound
It seems that there's no boeffla kernel for SC-03E, there's so few kernels for SC-03E.

So is there some other way to control mic volume for the device?

I got some apps which can amplify mic volume while in the app, but not for the whole system.

I found some threads about low mic volume in some other devices, and one of them can fix by editing the mic volume file in the system.
But I can't find that file due to different ROMs and Devices. So if I want to find out that file, I should try my best to get 10 posts and ask in the ROM thread?

I also found that engineering mode can fix it, as said above I couldn't get it into engineering mode, is it because the ROM developer had disabled it or just because my wrong way of getting it?
I have tried *#*#4636#*#* and *#197328640# , the previous one get into test and the latter get into nothing...

So is there some app which can help to get into engineering mode?

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blangero View Post
It seems that there's no boeffla kernel for SC-03E, there's so few kernels for SC-03E.

So is there some other way to control mic volume for the device?

I got some apps which can amplify mic volume while in the app, but not for the whole system.

I found some threads about low mic volume in some other devices, and one of them can fix by editing the mic volume file in the system.
But I can't find that file due to different ROMs and Devices. So if I want to find out that file, I should try my best to get 10 posts and ask in the ROM thread?

I also found that engineering mode can fix it, as said above I couldn't get it into engineering mode, is it because the ROM developer had disabled it or just because my wrong way of getting it?
I have tried *#*#4636#*#* and *#197328640# , the previous one get into test and the latter get into nothing...

So is there some app which can help to get into engineering mode?
yes, best thing to do is get above 10 post count and ask in the thread. it would be the easiest way to find the file you need to edit for changing mic volume

if you are on custom aosp rom, then secret codes will not work, because you need to be running stock TW official firmware for working secret codes to get in service mode. here are some codes but i doubt that you can change mic volume within these options:

* # 1234 # - displays the PDA, PHONE and CSC versions of the current firmware
* # 06 # - displays the IMEI
* # 0 * # - Test mode: display test, dynamics, vibration, etc.
* # 0011 # - service mode: signal status
* # 1111 # - Service Mode: Information on the FTA SW version
* # 2222 # - Service Mode: Information on the FTA HW version
* # 0283 # - Service Mode: audio packet loopback
* # 0842 # - Vibration test
* # 2663 # - Firmware version and touch screen
* # 7594 # - includes action hang by long press the Power button
* # 7284 # - Setting modes of USB connectivity
* # 197328640 # - Service your phone
* # 0228 # - information about the network, complete information about the battery
* # 0782 # - getting data from the device clock (PDA RTC Get)
* # 7353 # - menu with tests
* # 9090 # - service mode
* # 9900 # - dump the system data
* # 232338 # - MAC-address of the WiFi
* # 22558463 # - Reset talk time
* # 34971539 # - information about the camera module and update their firmware

there is a app called ''MTK Engineering Mode'' in playstore download and try that, also there are several other similar apps you can try out, but be careful with things you dont understand, dont change anything if you are not sure about what youre doing..
Rom: Amcha Rom v6.10 - 4.3 JB
Modem: XXUENE2
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

- ODIN guide for Samsung smartphones
The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]