Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,410 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Signal drops probably internal damage

Tip us?

slizza786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Signal drops probably internal damage

Hi all.

I've dropped my phone quite a few times and it's affected my signal.

The reception on the phone is very weak and drops in certain places where it use to have good signal before. Also sometimes people tell me I sound like a robot over the phone so it's got to be an internal damage.

Iv already changed the speaker/microphone part of the phone but the problem continues, my next geuss is the wifi signal antenna cable.

Any ideas of what may be the may cause?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

hahmad78
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by slizza786 View Post
Hi all.

I've dropped my phone quite a few times and it's affected my signal.

The reception on the phone is very weak and drops in certain places where it use to have good signal before. Also sometimes people tell me I sound like a robot over the phone so it's got to be an internal damage.

Iv already changed the speaker/microphone part of the phone but the problem continues, my next geuss is the wifi signal antenna cable.

Any ideas of what may be the may cause?

have you tried some different rom and modem.? if not than try something different. i also faced such issue but after changing rom and specially modem, now me trouble free
Defeat fear, you will be the Conqueror in life

Helping others is the main difference between HUMANS and Animals , so keep this difference ALIVE

Devices: Samsung galaxy s3 i9305 ( mixed feelings)
HTC sensation XE (OLD IS GOLD)
LG OPTIMUS GPRO ( BEAUTY without Sound )
Lg Optimus lte2 f160l
Lg Optimus LTE su640
Motorola Atrix 4g (ULTIMATE DEVICE)
Lg Optimus 2x (Trend Setter)

spiderman07
Old
Thanks Meter 35
assuming he didn't flashed any roms between drops....i think it's antenna related...that antenna is small and looks quite fragile...it's a hardware problem...i suggest going to your local repair shop...

slizza786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07 View Post
assuming he didn't flashed any roms between drops....i think it's antenna related...that antenna is small and looks quite fragile...it's a hardware problem...i suggest going to your local repair shop...
I think it's definitely an internal issue. Signal drops all the way at certain locations when it never use to and some people say I have a robots voice so I have to call them back. Does anyone have any pictures of where the antenna is located in the phone?

aerozeppel
Old
(Last edited by aerozeppel; 31st July 2014 at 03:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Having the same problem here. Dunno exactly when it started but I'm getting lower signal everywhere than I used to get, indoors am having trouble getting any signal at all when it used to be fine.

Tried multiple different ROMs/Radios and a new Sim Card and it's not solved the problem

Also thinking I've just dropped it too many times.

spiderman07
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerozeppel View Post
Having the same problem here. Dunno exactly when it started but I'm getting lower signal everywhere than I used to get, indoors am having trouble getting any signal at all when it used to be fine.

Tried multiple different ROMs/Radios and a new Sim Card and it's not solved the problem

Also thinking I've just dropped it too many times.
it means is a hardware problem...

opssemnik
Old
Thanks Meter 721
the antenae itself its basicly a wire with a connector(atleast the phone one), after the drops, the connection maybe got loose. open the phone up(you lost warranty anyways)and disconnect/ re connect the antenae. if dont work, then repair shop.
New Nexus 7 wifi / Black / 32gb - Android 4.4.4 stock
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) / purple / 16gb - blekola lite 6.1