FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] SIM card not found after unrooting - what to do?

4th July 2014, 08:20 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My friend has Samsung S3 Galaxy (i9305). He tried to root (don't know which ROM he chose or which guide he used to perform the task). Something went wrong and he unrooted. But now the SIM is not found anymore. The phone boots anyway. Network is also not found and no emergency calls can be made. The phone also locks up every now and then.

What should he do to restore the phone to it's original state? Which guide should he follow?

I can provide more info if needed.

4th July 2014, 09:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
He has flash the phone with the original Samsung firmware for his one's model. Simple factory reset won't work. He has bricked the phone.

Check Sam's mobile for the firmware and simple Google will explain the steps. It's basically same has flashing any custom rom after rooting a phone

Cheers
4th July 2014, 09:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhib.al.karim

He has flash the phone with the original Samsung firmware for his one's model. Simple factory reset won't work. He has bricked the phone.

Check Sam's mobile for the firmware and simple Google will explain the steps. It's basically same has flashing any custom rom after rooting a phone

Cheers

Is there a simple guide he could follow which shows what to do and which ROM to choose?
4th July 2014, 09:30 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paapaa125

Is there a simple guide he could follow which shows what to do and which ROM to choose?

Here you go mate : http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ei-nv-t1946915
4th July 2014, 09:38 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thx! So should he now do the "Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300" part?
5th July 2014, 07:03 AM |#6  

More
Any sim card not found related points are covered there... Just follow that..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread