Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SIM card not found after unrooting - what to do?

Tip us?

Paapaa125
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] SIM card not found after unrooting - what to do?

My friend has Samsung S3 Galaxy (i9305). He tried to root (don't know which ROM he chose or which guide he used to perform the task). Something went wrong and he unrooted. But now the SIM is not found anymore. The phone boots anyway. Network is also not found and no emergency calls can be made. The phone also locks up every now and then.

What should he do to restore the phone to it's original state? Which guide should he follow?

I can provide more info if needed.

muhib.al.karim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
He has flash the phone with the original Samsung firmware for his one's model. Simple factory reset won't work. He has bricked the phone.

Check Sam's mobile for the firmware and simple Google will explain the steps. It's basically same has flashing any custom rom after rooting a phone

Cheers

Paapaa125
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhib.al.karim View Post
He has flash the phone with the original Samsung firmware for his one's model. Simple factory reset won't work. He has bricked the phone.

Check Sam's mobile for the firmware and simple Google will explain the steps. It's basically same has flashing any custom rom after rooting a phone

Cheers
Is there a simple guide he could follow which shows what to do and which ROM to choose?

muhib.al.karim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paapaa125 View Post
Is there a simple guide he could follow which shows what to do and which ROM to choose?
Here you go mate : http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ei-nv-t1946915

Paapaa125
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thx! So should he now do the "Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300" part?

muhib.al.karim
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Any sim card not found related points are covered there... Just follow that..