[Q] No sound at all after installing any custom Rom on S3 device

Search This thread

cats869

Apr 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

my first time here. I am running into an issue where if I install a custom rom on my phone, I get no sound whatsoever. No sound from the speaker nor the earpiece. Also, related to having no sound, any app or anything I do relating to sound won't run or work on the phone strangely. (like Youtube for example, won't run)

Everything else works fine.

I tried multiple roms, and it all had the same issue. When I reverted back to the stock rom or the backup I made fortunately, I get sound but I am lost as to why I get no sound from my S3 device with a custom rom.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 device is model: SCH-R530U for US cellular. I hope I can find someone here who knows how to fix this issue =\.
Could it be that the Roms I installed don't have the sound drivers packaged? I made sure the Roms were compatible and all.

Thanks for the help!

cats869

Apr 20, 2015
Anyone have any idea? And I realized I posted in the wrong forum subsection. It should be in the regular troubleshooting one, not the I9305 troubleshooting one.

Also, when I revert back to my old stock, I somehow get all these random gapp errors. Not sure if thats because I installed a different gapp on the new custom rom and that could have affected the previous backup?