Ask a question

No registration required

stable ROMs? for i9305

OP Mumraa

5th August 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

80 posts
SHORT VERSION: is there any stable rom for the i9305 that can also run banking apps that look at if your rooted? Or just a stable rom for i9305!? Or even a stock rom that has no bloat-ware (for i9305 of course and in uk)?

LONG:
So I started out a journey looking for a good stable rom and of course cyanogen caught my eye but I unfortunately swapped to a 4g service and swapped my phone right before embarking on this journey to a i9305 - crap!

I thought wow great 4g and 2gig ram it'll be perfect with cyanogen 11 so I waited and no M build for i9305 all year long argh! So I gave up and tried a nightly cyanogen 11 and it was buggy as hell. So gave up on that after a few weeks and trying different updates moved to carbon - again only nightly available even more bugs maybe I was just unlucky in timing but on to cyanogen 10.1 I was going backwards now not the most fun but it still has a few bugs but is way more stable and I loved the speed and camera was great but still it feels a bit old and I still prefer stock . So I am thinking now I either give up n get stock or go on to yet another one but im not confident now ...thanks!
6th August 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 43

202 posts
More
i also like stock ROM...until now didn't found one which will have wi-fi working with stock kernel...so i will give it a try to rXTREME.JB.4.3-V5.1.1 with a custom kernel and see how it works...
6th August 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07

i also like stock ROM...until now didn't found one which will have wi-fi working with stock kernel...so i will give it a try to rXTREME.JB.4.3-V5.1.1 with a custom kernel and see how it works...

Hmm yes too many bugs in all the custom roms on this device wish I could try a cyanogen M build ...
6th August 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 43

202 posts
More
if you want to install rXTREME you MUST make a full wipe....in instruction it says it is recommended....but in reality is a MUST...all kind of bugs...and freezes...just opened screen and tried to unlock it...light effect...instant freeze...had to reboot...

i also wanted a stable CM11....not with huge battery drain...and other force closes....
7th August 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag VLP
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Donate to Me
More
hi men ,
i used the slimKat rom on my gti9305 and it's the perfection for that
6th October 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #6  
Flag Other Dimension
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Try Pacman RC1 everything is working very very less Force closes though but I have flashed paranoid ROM gapps and Google play app is not connecting :/
Very less it works

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app
6th October 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #7  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
I flashed this recently. Its working PERFECT

(bloatware can be turned off)
performance improved, minimum ram usage, longer battery life (comparing to 4.3 stock rom)
NO PROBLEMS

[ 4.4.4] [ROM] [STOCK-Official] [I9305/I9305N]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ufni4-t2886807

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread