Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck at charging or boot failure after flashing from odin

Tip us?

Blangero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Smile [Q] Stuck at charging or boot failure after flashing from odin

My device is sc-03e and the rom I flash is rooted-stock-rom provided by docomo.

The history of ROMs I flashed is : from long ago -> rooted-stock-rom from odin -> cunsom rom based on 4.3 from recovery -> AOSB ROM 1.3.5 kk4.4.3 from recovery -> yesterday flash from odin.

After flashing, odin said everything's OK and the device reboot into recovery.
In recovery it said file or something else check failure, and asked me whether I wanna install un-trusted apps or something alike.I chosed yes of course.
After that, it would reboot and asked me whether to install SU, yes again.

Then reboot, if connect to PC or charger, stuck as charging screen with the screen unchanged.
if not connected to anything, after a few seconds device turns off.

What may be the problem?
Do I need to re-partition or re-install the bootloader?

Finally I flashed by adb sideload since I can boot into recovery, but I really want to know the why I failed to boot after flashing from odin.

P.S. tried twice, and odin check the md5 file correct.

Thanks very much.

Lord Shaz
Old
(Last edited by Lord Shaz; 2nd July 2014 at 08:55 PM.) Reason: Provide link to sc-03e Guides
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blangero View Post
My device is sc-03e and the rom I flash is rooted-stock-rom provided by docomo.

After flashing, odin said everything's OK and the device reboot into recovery.
In recovery it said file or something else check failure, and asked me whether I wanna install un-trusted apps or something alike.I chosed yes of course.
After that, it would reboot and asked me whether to install SU, yes again.

Then reboot, if connect to PC or charger, stuck as charging screen with the screen unchanged.
if not connected to anything, after a few seconds device turns off.

What may be the problem?
Do I need to re-partition or re-install the bootloader?

Finally I flashed by adb sideload since I can boot into recovery, but I really want to know the why I failed to boot after flashing from odin.

P.S. tried twice, and odin check the md5 file correct.

Thanks very much.
Hi mate,

Firstly, this isn't an I9305 question, but it's still an S3 so here goes...
Second, DO NOT RE-PARTITION YOUR PHONE, unless you want a brick.

It sounds to me like the Kernel or Bootloader in that package isn't working properly.
I'm not sure if the sc-03e (Japanese) needs a different Kernel from the I9300 (International).

Just to be sure, I would use CWM or something to format: /system /boot /cache etc. before flashing.
I suggest you install a completely Stock ROM using ODIN and then CF-Auto Root to gain Root Access.

EDIT: This might help also: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...c-03e-t2172063

Have a great day!
-Shaz
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Shaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blangero
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Shaz View Post
Hi mate,

Firstly, this isn't an I9305 question, but it's still an S3 so here goes...
Second, DO NOT RE-PARTITION YOUR PHONE, unless you want a brick.

It sounds to me like the Kernel or Bootloader in that package isn't working properly.
I'm not sure if the sc-03e (Japanese) needs a different Kernel from the I9300 (International).

Just to be sure, I would use CWM or something to format: /system /boot /cache etc. before flashing.
I suggest you install a completely Stock ROM using ODIN and then CF-Auto Root to gain Root Access.

EDIT: This might help also: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...c-03e-t2172063

Have a great day!
-Shaz
Thanks for your reply, wiping really makes it go.
I found that the pre-rooted ROM doesn't wipe itself, which is different from the stock ROM which I remember will wipe automatically.