[THREAD CLOSED] SpeedTests, Benchmarks (AnTuTu, OpenGL..)
Not much going on in GT-i9305 section so let see what this phone can really do...
All kinds of Speed Tests, Benchmarks and Battery Stats are welcome
Network: 3G or 4G???
Just wondering how it goes on DC-HSPA+??? Here in UK, Three
is fastest so far... I'm getting speeds 15-25Mbps DL / up to 4.5Mbps UL in many places!!
Who need expensive LTE with crazy data capping (500MB - £36/pm) and speeds 10-20Mbps... Joke...
To check what kind of 3G connection you have while testing:
1: dial *#0011# (phone will go in to Service Mode)
2: press home button
3: open and run SpeedTest
4: press&hold home button and switch back to Service Mode...
5: on the bottom of screen look for "DC_HSPA+ : 1(enabled) 0(disabled)"
Many people reported bad battery life but I'm very happy with it so I'll share some of my tricks how to get more juice....
My current set up: Pandoriam ROM v6.6, latest Perseus Kernel: no UV, no OC, no tweaks, Modem: BUALI6, Network: 3UK (DC-HSPA)
1. Custom ROM & kernel is recommended but NOT essential
(most of them includes battery tweaks also they bloat free)
2. Install BBS and check what's drinking your juice... Some of apps are heavy drinkers (Facebook, Twitter etc....) so keep eye on battery after you install new app(s). Don't use Juice Defender, it makes things worse.
3. Disable Google Now & Locations (main juice drinker)
4. Install "Fast Dormancy Toggle" from Play Store and disable it. It safe to use. If you don't use 4g, change Network Mode to WCDMA only. BTW bad signal reception draining more juice as well.
5. Keep screen brightness on manual, as low as possible... obviously
6. Use inverted apps and dark wallpaper if possible, stay away from live wallpapers...
7. Only If you know what you doing, install app called" NoBloat Free" or any other similar app and disable/freeze unimportant processes draining your battery. (Exchange and Samsung Push Services are heavy drinkers)
8. AutoSync & NFC - OFF!!
9. Use Original Samsung 1A charger, don't use your laptop to charge phone....
10. Keep WiFi ON only if you need it. To make things easy, in Advanced WiFi settings, we have WiFi Timer. (can be used to keep it ON/OFF automatically, through the night for example)