Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What's your average DL speed in UK (3G only!!)
Under 10Mbps 8 44.44%
10-20Mbps 7 38.89%
Above 20Mbps 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

[THREAD CLOSED] SpeedTests, Benchmarks (AnTuTu, OpenGL..)

OP DjeMBeY

26th November 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #11  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 68

804 posts
More
Can you guys please turn off lte and do a speed test in h+, like the OP asked?
The Following User Says Thank You to Badelhas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Contributor
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,415

3,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badelhas

Can you guys please turn off lte and do a speed test in h+, like the OP asked?

Exactly!!! We all know how fast 4G can be... Huge Speeds except UK....
Here the DC-HSPA+ is faster in many places and that's why I've asked for 3G tests... Just being curious....

How's your battery life???? I'm very pleased!!!
Much better than my old SGS2...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1353942503704.jpg
Views:	905
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1512751   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1353942523053.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1512752  
27th November 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1,000

2,051 posts
Donate to Me
the problem with the H+ test is know one knows if they are on the high DC type H+ or the normal H+ it doesnt differentiate , so theres no point someone will post H+ when you think its DC it may be only plain old H+

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I was on H+ and i got 10mbps Down but there is no way this was the HIgher H+...
27th November 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #14  
Flag Braga

804 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btemtd

the problem with the H+ test is know one knows if they are on the high DC type H+ or the normal H+ it doesnt differentiate , so theres no point someone will post H+ when you think its DC it may be only plain old H+

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I was on H+ and i got 10mbps Down but there is no way this was the HIgher H+...

It's easy to check that, just press *#0011#
27th November 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #15  

2,051 posts
Donate to Me
ok and what am i supposed to be seeing there to know its on the higher H+ ? I can see the first line changing regulary RCC: DCH for about 4 seconds and then it went back to RCC: FACH for another 5seconds and I can now only see the 3G symbol and its sitting on RRC: UPCH I definately am not in a good area to test anyway so I guess ill play around when im out and about. Ill compare it with. But yeh like I said you can be in a middle of a test and it could of changed how would you know unless you have 2 screens one showing you exaclty what your on whilst your doing a speedtest
Last edited by btemtd; 27th November 2012 at 05:21 PM.
27th November 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #16  
London, UK

3,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok and what am i supposed to be seeing there to know its on the higher H+ ? I can see the first line changing regulary RCC: DCH for about 4 seconds and then it went back to RCC: FACH for another 5seconds and I can now only see the 3G symbol and its sitting on RRC: UPCH I definately am not in a good area to test anyway so I guess ill play around when im out and about. Ill compare it with. But yeh like I said you can be in a middle of a test and it could of changed how would you know unless you have 2 screens one showing you exaclty what your on whilst your doing a speedtest

This settings are confusing to me as well... My tests are based on Coverage Checker from 3UK...

Last edited by DjeMBeY; 28th November 2012 at 12:44 AM.
27th November 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #17  
Flag Braga

804 posts
More
Quote:

What is you Carrier? Im on vodafone Portugal, they advirtise as being the only Carrier with 42Mbits DC HSPA but they seem to have that inconsistence with FACH and DCH as well. By the way, I looked it up, those are 2 types of HSPA+ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Resource_Control)
27th November 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #18  
London, UK

3,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've checked and look at screenshots. One is while downloading (Speed Test running in background) the second just connected (steady CPCH). On the bottom we have active connections... you can see 0 or 1 next to type of connection.
Now it's easy to check.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354051589736.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1516943   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354051599323.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1516944  
Last edited by DjeMBeY; 27th November 2012 at 10:42 PM.
27th November 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #19  

2,051 posts
Donate to Me
I am on Telstra Australia.. Well that makes sense As my phone was idle And i was staring at the screen. So I guess If i did a speedtest those mode will change.

But still It doesnt rectify the fact that while someone is doing a speedtest we do not know exactly what connection we are on as Carriers who offer DC also have Normal Hspa+ aswell and if in the wrong area it may switch modes while doing the test without even knowing

As that DC_HSPA will change to normal HSPA if you are not in the correct area, when I had that screen on i did not see DC_HSPA I only saw HSPA+

Edit : You see mine was changing from DC_HSPA to HSPA from one moment to another like I said you would have to be in a STRONG DC area to really test DC speeds
Last edited by btemtd; 27th November 2012 at 10:32 PM.
27th November 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #20  
London, UK

3,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am on Telstra Australia.. Well that makes sense As my phone was idle And i was staring at the screen. So I guess If i did a speedtest those mode will change.

But still It doesnt rectify the fact that while someone is doing a speedtest we do not know exactly what connection we are on as Carriers who offer DC also have Normal Hspa+ aswell and if in the wrong area it may switch modes while doing the test without even knowing

As that DC_HSPA will change to normal HSPA if you are not in the correct area, when I had that screen on i did not see DC_HSPA I only saw HSPA+

You're right and wrong bro. Look at my post above yours......
Run Speed Test and just switch to test mode. You can see live info. Easy to detect..

Last edited by DjeMBeY; 27th November 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
benchmark, dc-hspa, galaxy s 3, samsung, speed
Previous Thread Next Thread