Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] First time rooter. Galaxy S3 I-9305T Australia

OP darthkoax

29th August 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey there,
Im interested in doing my first root but im terrified of bricking my phone.
I've come across the method using odin and the auto root file from
autoroot.chainfire.eu

However, I still have a couple of questions I have not found an answer to due to there being a lack of tutorials featuring my phone model.

My first question is does my model have a locked boot loader? Which is going to cause my phone to become bricked if I dont somehow disable it? Much like the Verizon(?) Models.

If so how do I disabled it for my device?

Also when it comes to the autoroot file, do I need to look for anything other then model number? (Galaxy S3 I-9305T) S/N, chipset, etc.

I wish towelroot worked for my phone, sigh

Device details:
Galaxy S3 I-9305T
Android 4.3
Australia
Carrier is Telstra

Thank you in advance
29th August 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 13

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkoax

Hey there,
autoroot.chainfire.eu

However, I still have a couple of questions I have not found an answer to due to there being a lack of tutorials featuring my phone model.

My first question is does my model have a locked boot loader? Which is going to cause my phone to become bricked if I dont somehow disable it? Much like the Verizon(?) Models.

Also when it comes to the autoroot file, do I need to look for anything other then model number? (Galaxy S3 I-9305T) S/N, chipset, etc.

Device details:
Galaxy S3 I-9305T
Android 4.3
Australia
Carrier is Telstra

Thank you in advance

The easiest way is to use chainfire autoroot with odin on your pc make sure you follow the instructions to the letter also i9305t is compatible with i9305 software as they are the same phone good luck : )
29th August 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmzdroid

The easiest way is to use chainfire autoroot with odin on your pc make sure you follow the instructions to the letter also i9305t is compatible with i9305 software as they are the same phone good luck : )

"If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device "

So there is no locked boot loader to the best of your knowledge?

Also, thank you
29th August 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 58

217 posts
More
Quote:

"If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device "

So there is no locked boot loader to the best of your knowledge?

Also, thank you

If you are on Android 4.3 then you will have the "new" knox bootloader. Read up about it.... I deliberately stayed on 4.1 on two separate i9305s so as not to enounter Knox issue so I can't help you. Google is your friend, e.g. search: xda root i9305 knox
1st December 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 37

218 posts
Quote:

Hey there,
autoroot.chainfire.eu

Device details:
Galaxy S3 I-9305T
Android 4.3
Australia
Carrier is Telstra

Thank you in advance

I don't have the s3, but most phones come with locked bootloaders, so you'll probably need to unlock it.

Also, I doubt you need to look at s/n or chipset, I didn't need to for my HTC or Motorola phone.

Not quite relevant, but Telstra is a rip off (unless you need amazing coverage ).
1st December 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag BCN
Thanks Meter: 20

84 posts
More
Hi,darthkoax,
Rooting Android phone involves installing a code inside your device so you can access the system with all permissions.The procedure Rooting Android does not change the version of your operating or delete data or applications system is a safe procedure and can be reversed easily.Another thing is the bootloader, issue that currently do not have to worry, but you have to know that depending on the way of rooting your phone can change the status of Knox counter.In other words: the counter Knox change the status of your warranty and depending on the country where you live can lose the guarantee.To reset the counter Knox is necessary to unlock the Knox bootloader/vers.4.3;4.4.4/-something that so far the developers have not gotten to our terminal.
Here is a good tool for root your handset:http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-v8-0-t1979290
Naturally you can use CF Autoroot,KingoROOT,and so on..you choose.
Always read several times before flashing!
Good luck
12th December 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Berlin - Germany
Thanks Meter: 16

148 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2953149

Have a look there!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread