Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why not to port kitkat from archiport?

Tip us?

aaz03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Why not to port kitkat from archiport?

The only port done here is the JarmezRocks's port that isn't functionnal from the N7105 and it's hard as hell to port for him so i got an idea , why not to port a rom from our closest cousin? The I9300 Archiport rom , yes i know it would be a port of a port and it'd have the archiport issues + porting issues but i'd worth the try no? Actually i cant do the job myself at the moment , got a ****ty pc with a locked bootloader (yes this **** exists even in pc world , impossible to boot linux installation , thanks to Packard bell )
So is there a dev here that could try it ?
thanks to all

Such Name
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaz03 View Post
The only port done here is the JarmezRocks's port that isn't functionnal from the N7105 and it's hard as hell to port for him so i got an idea , why not to port a rom from our closest cousin? The I9300 Archiport rom , yes i know it would be a port of a port and it'd have the archiport issues + porting issues but i'd worth the try no? Actually i cant do the job myself at the moment , got a ****ty pc with a locked bootloader (yes this **** exists even in pc world , impossible to boot linux installation , thanks to Packard bell )
So is there a dev here that could try it ?
thanks to all
If someone really could do it, it would be great even though the official 4.4.2 for our S3 LTE is really close.

aaz03
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Such Name View Post
If someone really could do it, it would be great even though the official 4.4.2 for our S3 LTE is really close.
Close? Not at all , it's been 1month that we wait the update , the update should have been released in may , we're now in mid june , i don't believe sam anymore