Trying to flash Lean Kernel w/o success

OP Tont GS3

1st July 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello people. I have a I9305XXUEMK1 and i had a problem trying to flash
Yank555.lu-SGS3-JB-kernel-v3.3-aroma-I9305_by_ausdim.zip
I did a backup using twrp recovery,wiped cache etc, and flashed the kernel,it said ok,and when i rebooted all o got was a black screen.Any suggestions?The reason i wanted to flash a custom kernel was to overclock CPU
Send telepathically
1st July 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

93 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tont GS3

I did a backup using twrp recovery,wiped cache etc, and flashed the kernel,it said ok,and when i rebooted all o got was a black screen.Any suggestions?The reason i wanted to flash a custom kernel was to overclock CPU
Send telepathically

I had that problem too, the only way i could get out was to reflash my ROM and directly after that the custom kernel (and the G-apps)
1st July 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 545

895 posts
More
Quote:

Send telepathically

this kernel is not updated for a while now and may have been incompatible with latest firmwares. you might want to check another kernel like this one here JB boeffla kernel 5.3 beta7, fresh and recently updated if you gonna use this, you will need to download boeffla config v2 app also for overclocking or undervolting options

of course you could also try another custom rom/custom stock rom who has a kernel that supports OC and UV by default (kerneltweaker)
just look in the development thread for those kind of roms
15th July 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66

this kernel is not updated for a while now and may have been incompatible with latest firmwares. you might want to check another kernel like this one here JB boeffla kernel 5.3 beta7, fresh and recently updated if you gonna use this, you will need to download boeffla config v2 app also for overclocking or undervolting options

of course you could also try another custom rom/custom stock rom who has a kernel that supports OC and UV by default (kerneltweaker)
just look in the development thread for those kind of roms

boeffla config v2 app can be purchased only by donating?!
16th July 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #5  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 545

895 posts
More
Quote:

boeffla config v2 app can be purchased only by donating?!

No not necessarily, but if you want to donate you are free to do so. Here you can download the latest B.config v2 app.

Note: be careful, dont flash Samsung stock based kernel on AOSP based roms, and dont flash AOSP based kernels on Samsung stock based roms
Last edited by MaHo_66; 16th July 2014 at 08:53 PM.
16th July 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Can you guide me through the installation? Cause i do the wipe and i install the kernel and the boeffla app..

Send telepathically
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread