XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to backup my IMEI/NV data

Tip us?

naxol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to backup my IMEI/NV data

Hi, I just got this I-9305 a week ago and I finally wanted to mess around with it a bit, it's been rooted since day one with no problems but after reading around the stickies a bit it seems like backing up my "IMEI/NV" data, whatever that is, is pretty important before flashing anything on my phone. ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946915 )
I followed all the steps in that thread to a T but when I get to the part where you add a new port it doesn't seem to see my device or display the correct ports
this is what I see

and after adding that "com1 - serial" port it says "no phone".
Does anyone know a fix for this? I'm willing to provide whatever more info about the phone that would be needed.
Thanks in advance.

Raistlin1158
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxol View Post
Hi, I just got this I-9305 a week ago and I finally wanted to mess around with it a bit, it's been rooted since day one with no problems but after reading around the stickies a bit it seems like backing up my "IMEI/NV" data, whatever that is, is pretty important before flashing anything on my phone. ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946915 )
I followed all the steps in that thread to a T but when I get to the part where you add a new port it doesn't seem to see my device or display the correct ports
this is what I see

and after adding that "com1 - serial" port it says "no phone".
Does anyone know a fix for this? I'm willing to provide whatever more info about the phone that would be needed.
Thanks in advance.
Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.

•Download and Install: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe - 23.06 MB if you don't already have Kies or a USB Driver installed.

•Download and Install: QPST v2.7.378.zip - 14.68 MB

•Now connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and wait for Drivers to install.

•Start the 'QPST Configuration' application and select the 'Ports' tab then press the 'Add New Port...' button.

•Select the COM Port that has 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to it, change the Port Label if you like to 'Samsung GT-I9305' then press 'OK'.

•You should now see your phone listed in the 'Ports' tab and the 'State' should indicate 'Enabled'.

•You can now Close this application.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Nex, Est Tantum Exordium... מוות רק ההתחלה... Смерть - только начало... 死だけを始めています。...

naxol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1158 View Post
Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.

•Download and Install: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe - 23.06 MB if you don't already have Kies or a USB Driver installed.

•Download and Install: QPST v2.7.378.zip - 14.68 MB

•Now connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and wait for Drivers to install.

•Start the 'QPST Configuration' application and select the 'Ports' tab then press the 'Add New Port...' button.

•Select the COM Port that has 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to it, change the Port Label if you like to 'Samsung GT-I9305' then press 'OK'.

•You should now see your phone listed in the 'Ports' tab and the 'State' should indicate 'Enabled'.

•You can now Close this application.
Yeah I've done all that I assure you, I don't see any COM ports that have 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to them. :/

Raistlin1158
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Just a quick thought, you do have usb debugging enabled.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Nex, Est Tantum Exordium... מוות רק ההתחלה... Смерть - только начало... 死だけを始めています。...

naxol
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1158 View Post
Just a quick thought, you do have usb debugging enabled.
Yeah I used it to install some apks.

Raistlin1158
Old
Thanks Meter 112
So your PC can see your phone okay, then try another version of Odin.

Maybe remove your drivers, reboot the PC and then reinstall them
xxxxxxxxxxx

SKEV
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had this also just unpluged usb from phone and put it back in and it showed up.

Raistlin1158
Old
Thanks Meter 112
So either it's dodgy drivers in which case reinstall or get a better usb lead...
xxxxxxxxxxx