Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Unlocking/downgrading/flashing/OTA question

OP spaceboy_psy

13th February 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutteN

What's the method you gonna use to unlock the phone? Please tell me.

ShutteN, I'm aiming at this method: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2185866
13th February 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy_psy

I think it's pretty obvious from the thread I haven't tried it!

Just trying to interpret JJEgan's words. They cite 'multiple posts'. So I guess the task, when I'm at home, is to search for these posts and decide for myself if there's anything to it. Don't mean to offend you by not taking your word on it, but 1 is a very small sample size!

Multiple posts means multiple users have posted help OTA update has failed usually at the same % in every case phone has been rooted .
Obviously if other multiple users have not had a problem they are not going to post help i don't have a OTA problem due to root .
Searching may not be that easy as many users don't exactly describe a problem in the title .

Me try OTA no i never use stock but i have read the majority of posts on the I9300/05 forum to know that some have a problem with root and OTA .
If it is actually totally untrue better get RootSu to remove it in the sticky .
14th February 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
I have no idea what accusation you think I'm making against Liquid Perfection, and I'm fine with appearing like a newbie, my true identity.

Is there anyone out there who isn't a horrific internet cliché who knows what will happen if I flash a different carrier's firmware on my phone and try to OTA update??
14th February 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #14  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,208

14,648 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

Thread cleaned.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you

malybru
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
For anyone coming across this in future: I decided to take the plunge and flash 4.1.1 EE software on my 3 network S3, and behold, OTA update worked just fine. No problems so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread