Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocking/downgrading/flashing/OTA question

Tip us?

spaceboy_psy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutteN View Post
What's the method you gonna use to unlock the phone? Please tell me.
ShutteN, I'm aiming at this method: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2185866

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy_psy View Post
I think it's pretty obvious from the thread I haven't tried it!

Just trying to interpret JJEgan's words. They cite 'multiple posts'. So I guess the task, when I'm at home, is to search for these posts and decide for myself if there's anything to it. Don't mean to offend you by not taking your word on it, but 1 is a very small sample size!

Multiple posts means multiple users have posted help OTA update has failed usually at the same % in every case phone has been rooted .
Obviously if other multiple users have not had a problem they are not going to post help i don't have a OTA problem due to root .
Searching may not be that easy as many users don't exactly describe a problem in the title .

Me try OTA no i never use stock but i have read the majority of posts on the I9300/05 forum to know that some have a problem with root and OTA .
If it is actually totally untrue better get RootSu to remove it in the sticky .

spaceboy_psy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have no idea what accusation you think I'm making against Liquid Perfection, and I'm fine with appearing like a newbie, my true identity.

Is there anyone out there who isn't a horrific internet cliché who knows what will happen if I flash a different carrier's firmware on my phone and try to OTA update??

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10540

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Thread cleaned.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you

malybru
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spaceboy_psy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
For anyone coming across this in future: I decided to take the plunge and flash 4.1.1 EE software on my 3 network S3, and behold, OTA update worked just fine. No problems so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way!