Tip us?

Goldie
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotbal5 View Post
I understand that but if you flash a new official rom from one to another, how does it know that the new flash rom it is not a custom rom and don't change the counter.
I think that is were we must look for a solution. If Samsung can make new roms that don't change the counter the we ca do it to or !!!
Put it this way...Chainfire hasn't done it in the months since knox has been around. Therefore there is no hope for humankind

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
If you think its worth it......you could buy me a beer

shucrut
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotbal5 View Post
I understand that but if you flash a new official rom from one to another, how does it know that the new flash rom it is not a custom rom and don't change the counter.
I think that is were we must look for a solution. If Samsung can make new roms that don't change the counter the we ca do it to or !!!
It doesnt increase due to the samsung signing i think, so maybe we never see a tool that signes images like samsung does
Samsung Galaxy Ace - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 by androidARMv6
LG Optimus L9 P768 - LG stock 4.1.2, rooted, LOCKED bootloader
Samsung Galaxy SIII i9305T - Stock 4.3 Rooted, Wanam Xposed

GR0S
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Well can ICS bootloader load 4.3?

Jarmezrocks
Old
(Last edited by Jarmezrocks; 22nd December 2013 at 07:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0S View Post
Well can ICS bootloader load 4.3?
I would say yes, but why is that even a question? Go take a look at every custom ROM that is based on Samsung 4.3 and you have your answer.

Why in particular ICS?
Why not later JB bootloader that is not KNOX? Everything prior to 4.3 in JB was non-KNOX AFAIK?

By the way you CAN have root without triggering KNOX on official 4.3 see here for details:
[Root] Knox stays (0x0)
and
Switching 4.3 FW countries... will it trigger Knox?

Jarmez

help find a cure for Narcolepsy
donations to this cause do not come directly to me, they are
anonymous but please tell me so I can give you thanks

LeoDeos
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmezrocks View Post
I would say yes, but why is that even a question? Go take a look at every custom ROM that is based on Samsung 4.3 and you have your answer.

Why in particular ICS?
Why not later JB bootloader that is not KNOX? Everything prior to 4.3 in JB was non-KNOX AFAIK?

By the way you CAN have root without triggering KNOX on official 4.3 see here for details:
[Root] Knox stays (0x0)
and

Jarmez
yes, bootloader 4.1.2 is knox-free
ics bootloader dont think there is

GR0S
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmezrocks View Post

Why in particular ICS?

[Root] Knox stays (0x0)
and

Jarmez
Haven't flashed any BL

Cundis
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I have injected my phone with this poison on purpose just to learn how to deal with it. Root is ok, but when i try to restore a nandroid backup everything force closes after boot. Have to do a factory reset to get it to work. I use latest cwm. Anybody else have any experiences with this?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
My devices:

Main device: Galaxy Note 3 n9005, unrooted for now until things become more stable

Backup devices: Galaxy S3 i9305 with CM 10.1 and Yank Kernel and iPhone 4 with iOS7

Cundis
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundis View Post
I have injected my phone with this poison on purpose just to learn how to deal with it. Root is ok, but when i try to restore a nandroid backup everything force closes after boot. Have to do a factory reset to get it to work. I use latest cwm. Anybody else have any experiences with this?

Just an update.

Latest CWM will not restore ROMs properly for me with KNOX bootloader, but Philz recovery works good. No FC's.

My devices:

Main device: Galaxy Note 3 n9005, unrooted for now until things become more stable

Backup devices: Galaxy S3 i9305 with CM 10.1 and Yank Kernel and iPhone 4 with iOS7