[Q] Uprade regular S3 to LTE S3?

OP qnz_78

johnbyebye
22nd February 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembey

Seriously? ??? You won't drop it??? If those 2 look exactly same then you must be blind...... Screws are not going to make it work. ....

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

You realize the dimensions are exactly the same, right? Instead of just saying that it won't work why don't you show me proof. Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions but not one person in this thread said "I tried it and it doesn't work." The pictures tell me it that it is possible. Sorry to be a dick but nobody in this thread seems to be speaking from experience, myself included, you're just guessing that it won't work. Why flame me when you don't really know the answer?
22nd February 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,415

3,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Uprade regular S3 to LTE S3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyebye

You realize the dimensions are exactly the same, right? Instead of just saying that it won't work why don't you show me proof. Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions but not one person in this thread said "I tried it and it doesn't work." The pictures tell me it that it is possible. Sorry to be a dick but nobody in this thread seems to be speaking from experience, myself included, you're just guessing that it won't work. Why flame me when you don't really know the answer?

Dude, you're annoying now. I've got 15yrs experience as mobile phones maintainer and I know what I'm saying. It's not about size and screws only ffs!! Motherboard is double sided, Hardware needs drivers and specially designed for each component room in chassis. No room for error, all connectors must be in exactly same place otherwise you can screw it together and stick it in..... Have a fun and good luck.
I'm done here

Last edited by DjeMBeY; 22nd February 2013 at 11:01 PM.
22nd February 2013, 11:44 PM   |  #13  
Flag Bamberg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 451

2,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Uprade regular S3 to LTE S3?
It will work I think if your replacing the board which has the soc, ram and so forth.
The only think that seperates the two is the main board which contains these parts.
But I think you should try it and if anything u prove it and if not well, buy one and said you did!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jetbruceli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
johnbyebye
23rd February 2013, 12:09 AM   |  #14  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djembey

Dude, you're annoying now. I've got 15yrs experience as mobile phones maintainer and I know what I'm saying. It's not about size and screws only ffs!! Motherboard is double sided, Hardware needs drivers and specially designed for each component room in chassis. No room for error, all connectors must be in exactly same place otherwise you can screw it together and stick it in..... Have a fun and good luck.
I'm done here

I don't think you realize how similar the i9300 and i9305 are, lol. They are literally the same except the chips on the motherboard. Oh well. Until someone tries it there is no point in throwing your 15 years of experience into the mix. It's always nice to meet someone who thinks they're better than everyone else and rude. It's just a forum, lighten up and try not to be so mean. Have a nice weekend.
Last edited by johnbyebye; 23rd February 2013 at 12:24 AM.
23rd February 2013, 12:29 AM   |  #15  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 78

301 posts
More
Quote:

I don't think you realize how similar the i9300 and i9305 are, lol. They are literally the same except the chips on the motherboard. Oh well. Until someone tries it there is no point in throwing your 15 years of experience into the mix. Thanks for putting yourself on a pedestal though. It's always nice to meet someone who thinks they're better than everyone else. Have a nice weekend.

Nice to know that they put a LTE antenna into the non LTE device... That is no waste... hint: Google GH59-12159B and GH59-12657C... in other words you are SO wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CalInTheZone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
johnbyebye
23rd February 2013, 12:33 AM   |  #16  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone

Nice to know that they put a LTE antenna into the non LTE device... That is no waste... hint: Google GH59-12159B and GH59-12657C... in other words you are SO wrong.

Not what I meant....but nevermind. No sense in arguing since nobody is going to actually try it.
Last edited by johnbyebye; 23rd February 2013 at 12:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 12:45 AM   |  #17  
Flag Copenhagen

301 posts
More
Quote:

Not what I meant....but nevermind. No sense in arguing since nobody is going to actually try it.

I thanked you for being cleaver enough to know that it would be idiotic to try... Or was that not your point?

As you would never use an antenna made for one frequency to pick up another frequency. But I guess you already knew that.
johnbyebye
23rd February 2013, 01:30 AM   |  #18  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone

I thanked you for being cleaver enough to know that it would be idiotic to try... Or was that not your point?

As you would never use an antenna made for one frequency to pick up another frequency. But I guess you already knew that.

Could you explain further? I thought the frequencies were integrated into the modem and not the actual antenna.
23rd February 2013, 01:46 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
I'm pretty sure you just can't switch the motherboards and everything works fine.

You can try though
The Following User Says Thank You to PLooB For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 01:47 AM   |  #20  
Flag Copenhagen

301 posts
More
Quote:

Could you explain further? I thought the frequencies were integrated into the modem and not the actual antenna.

Yet another reason for you not to debate a subject you know little about. Google is your friend...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread