Need some urgent help, stuck in a complex situation

OP Epic.

2nd September 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1,254

1,119 posts
More
Hey guys, I rooted my friends i9305t successfully using CF Autoroot and then using Mobile Odin (didn't install a custom recovery as Chainfire didn't recommend it in his CF Autoroot thread) flashed Community Rom v1.1 and it was all running fine. Was all going fine until he realised his camera wasn't working and in the Community Rom v1.1 it had specific instructions to get it working. I followed them and flashed the kernel default kernel to get the camera working. After flashing the default camera, it broke wifi and sd card and internal memory as was expected in the instructions, and this kernel got the camera working. The instructions then said to flash the aGNI purestock kernel, so I went back into mobile odin however it said device could not be recognized, I then realized by flashing this kernel I had lost root in doing so. So I used CF Autoroot and got root back however I'm still on the same kernel that broke internal memory access and wifi. I am now completely stuck, have no wifi, play store won't open but I think I have root, and got no idea what to do now. Should I flash TWRP through adb and then boot into recovery then flash the working kernel? Can I flash the kernel through ADB? Please help. Thanks
2nd September 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Focsani
Thanks Meter: 106

296 posts
More
I did not tested to flash kernel via adb. I always flash the kernel on recovery. Philz recovery to be more precise.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonyc2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1,254

1,119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyc2011

I did not tested to flash kernel via adb. I always flash the kernel on recovery. Philz recovery to be more precise.

Ok I managed to get CWM recovery onto his phone. However after trying to flash the kernel, it won't actually update. even after booting, it still shows the kernel as the one before flashing the new kernel. Any ideas?
2nd September 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #4  
Flag Focsani
Thanks Meter: 106

296 posts
More
Try to install philz recovery. Some users had problems installing the rom whit cwm.
Edit : i am not a developer. I am the tester and the op of community rom. Post this question in the community rom forum. Maybe other users can help you.
Last edited by sonyc2011; 2nd September 2014 at 11:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonyc2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

44 posts
I too had a few problems trying to flash a kernel and a couple of extra packages, but Philz touch worked great. I used Rashr to flash the recovery and (touch wood) the phone has been sweet since.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread