Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weak Screen??

Tip us?
 
Shiningb
Old
#1  
Shiningb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 382
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Araçatuba
Default [Q] Weak Screen??

My recently bought S3 LTE just fell and the screen got a big crack on it...
It was the first fall...
I ask you guys is this phone weaker than other phones?? (I.e: S Advance)
My dream is to get out of Brazil, and go to USA
I will do it, trusting in the power of dreams
 
LucasBass
Old
#2  
LucasBass's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningb View Post
My recently bought S3 LTE just fell and the screen got a big crack on it...
It was the first fall...
I ask you guys is this phone weaker than other phones?? (I.e: S Advance)
My S3 LTE has fallen so many times. I don't know how much exactly but its >10. The screen is still intact.
The Following User Says Thank You to LucasBass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shiningb
Old
#3  
Shiningb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 382
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Araçatuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBass View Post
My S3 LTE has fallen so many times. I don't know how much exactly but its >10. The screen is still intact.
Man, then perhaps the Brazil version of the phone doesn't have Gorilla Glass??? (I would expect that)
This phone is the first one to be giving me some headaches...
First the heat that comes from it when using EDGE and browsing photos and then the phone falls and screen cracks...
My dream is to get out of Brazil, and go to USA
I will do it, trusting in the power of dreams
 
daedric
Old
#4  
daedric's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 337
Posts: 1,672
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Porto
Did you bought it new? I seriously doubt the Brazzilan i9305 is different from the rest of the world If it was second hand, it had the screen and front glass replaced with cheaper one

HTC Kaiser . CM6 ......... OC@530mHz - Kitchen Watch with NTP .
HTC Leo .... CMX OC@1.19gHz, Jellybean
HTC Ace .... CMX OC@1.5gHz, ICS + Sense 4.0
The Following User Says Thank You to daedric For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shiningb
Old
#5  
Shiningb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 382
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Araçatuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedric View Post
Did you bought it new? I seriously doubt the Brazzilan i9305 is different from the rest of the world If it was second hand, it had the screen and front glass replaced with cheaper one
It is new, from a store in Santarém PA - Brasil...
I've heard some stuff around that says, that since in Brasil things are expensive, then some phones came here with no Gorilla Glass, i think the S2 was one of them...
My dream is to get out of Brazil, and go to USA
I will do it, trusting in the power of dreams
 
LucasBass
Old
#6  
LucasBass's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 63
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
I don't think it came without gorilla glass. Samsung wouldn't do something like that.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

If you bought it new you will have gorilla glass for sure. Maybe I am just lucky that the phone doesn't fall at an angle where it will surely break the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
muhib.al.karim
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jan 2012
Samsung will never sell their products below their stated standard as everywhere else.. The screen condition is up to you to judge... If you still have warranty get it replaced...

Must a been a hard fall to get a Crack on gorilla glass..
 
Shiningb
Old
#8  
Shiningb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 382
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Araçatuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhib.al.karim View Post
Samsung will never sell their products below their stated standard as everywhere else.. The screen condition is up to you to judge... If you still have warranty get it replaced...

Must a been a hard fall to get a Crack on gorilla glass..
They said the warranty didn't covered this....
So I had to pay...
My dream is to get out of Brazil, and go to USA
I will do it, trusting in the power of dreams
 
muhib.al.karim
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningb View Post
They said the warranty didn't covered this....
So I had to pay...
That's a bummer... Mom's HTC one V has a Crack but the phone works flawlessly.. S3 is even more solid.. So you can hope the phone didn't get damage.. Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to muhib.al.karim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes