[Q] Weird issues with my GT-I9305

Tip us?

Wilthril
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Weird issues with my GT-I9305

Hi guys,

I'm an owner of a Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 and I'm having some issues. I previously had an HTC Desire with latest CM and this one doesn't have them.

I flashed the firmware from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1942150

Here is what I get when I type *#1234# :
AP: I9305XXBLL5
CP: I9305XXBLL5
CSC: I9305EVRBLL1

Here are the problems :
1) If I listen to music with headphones, unplug the headphones, plug them back and try to play the music again it says "Can't play music during a phone call". But there is no phone call. I have to reboot the phone to "fix" the issue.
2) The compass is very inaccurate: sometimes it's showing the opposite, sometimes it's 90 wrong. Most of the time it's 20-30 wrong, and the direction shown is quickly changing (i.e. not stable). It occurs on Google Maps and Ingress.

The third problem is hardware related: WHY is the power button on the right side? Couldn't Samsung put it on the top like the others?

Anyway is there any way to fix these issues? Should I try any custom ROM, and if so which one?

Thanks for your help

iamnoo
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilthril View Post
Hi guys,

The third problem is hardware related: WHY is the power button on the right side? Couldn't Samsung put it on the top like the others?

Anyway is there any way to fix these issues? Should I try any custom ROM, and if so which one?

Thanks for your help
The power button is on the side just to be different from others, because iPhone keeps claiming he owns this and that

if for rom i recommend the one on my sig. it's less trouble on installing and usage.
Samsung Galaxy S III I9305 LTE powered by: rXTREME ROM

jetbruceli
Old
Thanks Meter 402

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Weird issues with my GT-I9305

The power button isn't needed to unlocked the device like other phones. We have a center button on the bottom.
Anyways just keep trying other roms.
I use paranoidrom found in the development section. .
And cm is available just need to flash it!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

Wilthril
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your answers.

The problem with the power button is when I hold the phone with one hand, I often push the power button which switches it off. I know that there is nothing I can do about it But on my HTC Desire it is on the top, and I've never heard Apple suing HTC for that

About the other issues, it seems you suggest I try a custom ROM. I'll try some then when I get the chance.

Glebun
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1093
Default Re: [Q] Weird issues with my GT-I9305

button on the top in a device this size is very inconvenient