[Q] Missed Call Counter Frozen

Search This thread

hima1978

Jan 10, 2011
Amman
Hello All!
i looked all over the net but could not get any help, so i hope someone can help me here.
I have a galaxy S3 i9300
since 2 days, the counter on the phone calling icon (the green one in the main page) is stuck showing 1 missed call!
i have tried going into call logs, calling the missed call number, deleting all call logs, restarting & turning of my galaxy a couple of times but still the same!!

can anyone tell me what can i do noting that my phone is not rooted, and that i am still using the original dialer app!

attached is a screen shot of my home

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-19-09-41-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-19-09-41-06.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 482

Oomahey

Dec 22, 2011
Bangalore
Hello All!
i looked all over the net but could not get any help, so i hope someone can help me here.
I have a galaxy S3 i9300
since 2 days, the counter on the phone calling icon (the green one in the main page) is stuck showing 1 missed call!
i have tried going into call logs, calling the missed call number, deleting all call logs, restarting & turning of my galaxy a couple of times but still the same!!

can anyone tell me what can i do noting that my phone is not rooted, and that i am still using the original dialer app!

1) Open the Messaging app>Menu>Delete>Select all at the top and delete.

And/Or

2) Try deleting data of the messaging.

This worked for a colleague of mine but in her case, she had a '1' stuck for both messaging and call log.

Seeing as the call log also shows messages, this might work for you too.

Good luck!

Reactions: sucilrimal
Aug 5, 2011
this happening to me... but in message

me too. us cellular version.
i found clearing the ram works till another message.
also go to settings. then hit developer options, you should have the "Dont Keep Activities" unticked. (works for some)
with that i found the battery doesnt last as long.
i sure this is a known issue and will be fixed soon i hope

my specs;
baseband=r530uvxlf9
let me know i want to get this figured out and fixed asap

hima1978

Jan 10, 2011
Amman
I have tried clearing the ram, clearing phone app data, clearing messaging app data but still the same issue! Do you have any recommendation beside factory reset as I am not in favor for that option :(

ligu

Mar 1, 2011
Realme 6
I have same problem on message, though so far I've been able to clear it by rebooting. Seem pretty dumb. I wonder if any bug report has been file to Samsung.

zeynl

Aug 27, 2011
i also experienced this problem on messaging. i factory reseted the phone. it worked fine for a while but then again samething started happening..the second time i cleared all data on messaging app, unchecked "do not keep activities" in developer options. seems to work fine till now. and also make sure you dont have any unreaded conversation on "whatsapp messenger".

nexusino

Dec 25, 2011
Split-Croatia
@SilentMODE,vet4snak,mrmozz,xxdesire5044XXX,hima1978 and others who have a problem with bug of missed call counter which hangs.

I found a solution to this problem bug of missed call counter.This is what you need to do:

-Make a backup of your contact,msg,logs,etc

-under settings -> application manager-> all find

-badgeprovider.apk
-logs provider.apk
-Contact storage.apk

and clear data and the problem will vanish

B.R. Nexus

Use thanks button if i helped you

fred1976

Aug 23, 2006
www.fredericburdet.com
Thanks! It works!

@SilentMODE,vet4snak,mrmozz,xxdesire5044XXX,hima1978 and others who have a problem with bug of missed call counter which hangs.

I found a solution to this problem bug of missed call counter.This is what you need to do:

-badgeprovider.apk
-logs provider.apk
-Contact storage.apk

B.R. Nexus

GREAT! IT WORKED! THANKS A LOT!

The 3 'clear data' seem to have only wiped the call log. Anyway I had backed up everything using Titanium PRO.

I called myself to get a missed call, the '1' appeared again, and then disappeared when I opened the log again. Hopefully the bug won't come back!

Thanks again!

Reactions: theroom3600

jshalaby

Sep 27, 2012

The 3 'clear data' seem to have only wiped the call log. Anyway I had backed up everything using Titanium PRO.

I called myself to get a missed call, the '1' appeared again, and then disappeared when I opened the log again. Hopefully the bug won't come back!

Thanks again!

I also found that if you clear the call log it'll fix the problem. It comes back once in a while but is easy to clear.

pissmaker

Nov 1, 2012

-badgeprovider.apk
-logs provider.apk
-Contact storage.apk

B.R. Nexus

Hi, thanks! it worked with only clearing the 1st 2 data.

What i did was i cleared the 1st 2 data, worrying that the 3rd would delete all my contacts.

so i synced my contacts with kies into the computer. after disconnecting the phone the notification was gone.

xdaskeff

Nov 11, 2012
Only clear data from BadgeProvider

-badgeprovider.apk
-logs provider.apk
-Contact storage.apk

B.R. Nexus

Thanks Nexus!
I had the problem with a 1 stuck on my Phone icon [Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-i9300, Android 4.1.1]. This was a problem that persisted across the update from Android 4.0 to 4.1.

I followed a single step in your proposal:
-Clear data from "Badgeprovider"
And added step:
-Enter Phone app and exit.

This removed the badge, which seems fairly harmless :) I guess no backup is necessary for such an action.

Not to add flamebait, but coming from iOS, things like this gets on my nerve. Since I'm new to Android, I don't know if this is a bug coming from Android or from TouchWiz or something else Samsung slapped on. Please tell us if this is one argument to run vanilla Android on the S3!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-badgeprovider.apk
    -logs provider.apk
    -Contact storage.apk

B.R. Nexus

Hello All!
    I have a galaxy S3 i9300

1) Open the Messaging app>Menu>Delete>Select all at the top and delete.

And/Or

2) Try deleting data of the messaging.

This worked for a colleague of mine but in her case, she had a '1' stuck for both messaging and call log.

Seeing as the call log also shows messages, this might work for you too.

Good luck!
    Thanks! It works!

-badgeprovider.apk
    -logs provider.apk
    -Contact storage.apk

B.R. Nexus

Thanks again!