New 10.1.3-I9300 Installed / Problem To Restore My Data

Tip us?

nicolasgr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question New 10.1.3-I9300 Installed / Problem To Restore My Data

Hi All,

I'm new to cyanogenmod and just installed CM 10.1.3 (Android 4.2.2) following the heimdall/OSX guide but I'm having some problems to restore my data from the previous Samsung 4.3 installation.

I took a backup before installing cyanogenmod by using the Android SDK adb command
./adb backup -apk -shared -all -f backupname.ab
but that seems to have taken a full system backup as a single file and not possible to recover any of my files individually..

Unfortunately I didn't had my phone contacts to be synced with a gmail accounts as I wanted to keep them separate for synchronising with my email contacts but this doesn't seem to be an option with the current cyanogenmod version, you can't create a local contact on the phone but the any new contact you add must be part of an online account like gmail..

Giving the current circustances Is there an easy way I could restore all my files (app settings/contacts/photos) to my phone ? Can some one help me and tell me how ? My thught is to restore the previous 4.3 Android version from Samsung and root my phone to take single backups using Titanium backup but I don't know how well this will work ...

couple of more questions :

1) Is there an easy way to restore my phone Samsung ROM (and data) previously as it was before installing cyanogenmod with the adb backup file ?

2) Can you point me to a good howto in order to root my cyanogenmod (OSX preferable)

3) Once I have cyanogenmod configured will all my data, what' the best way to keep backups ? is the adb command usefull in that case ?

Sorry for the many questions.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
1) Is there an easy way to restore my phone Samsung ROM (and data) previously as it was before installing cyanogenmod with the adb backup file ?

Its all in the Faqs and Guides
Return to stock for warranty thread

nicolasgr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks JJEgan, I'm also trying adbextractor for the recovery.

Any suggestions on point 2 & 3 ?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgr View Post
Thanks JJEgan, I'm also trying adbextractor for the recovery.

Any suggestions on point 2 & 3 ?

As above faqs and guides .