Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,375 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internal memory almost full, no idea why

Tip us?

tanghe05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Internal memory almost full, no idea why

Hi, I have a s3 international version, rooted and cm11 on it. My internal memory is almost full and I can't seem to move apps to external sd card. Also, a few months ago I had 5 gigs of space left, now 900mb... Did a complete whipe and started all over again, but still 900mb free memory. Is there a way I can delete everything, maybe go back to stock an start all over?

Thanks

bhargav098
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camera, or game data files, or changing rom to rom

1.When you switch from rom to rom( like 4.1.2 to 4.2.2) it leaves the previous rom's files in an folder named '0'..
2. when you may put some pirated games, after wipe.. the folder( data files) still exist
3. well, have you been recording a lot of videos or took a lot of pics??

tanghe05
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did have a few '0' folders, but I deleted them al.
Could be a few app folder, but definitely not 4gigs.and I have maybe 50 photos on it and no films.
Would it be bad if I deleted everything on the internal sd?
I also have a folder storage/emulated/0 and storage/emulated/legacy. In both are the same files. Can I delete 1 of the 2 entirely?
Thanks for the fast reply btw

fbiangel
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanghe05 View Post
I did have a few '0' folders, but I deleted them al.
Could be a few app folder, but definitely not 4gigs.and I have maybe 50 photos on it and no films.
Would it be bad if I deleted everything on the internal sd?
I also have a folder storage/emulated/0 and storage/emulated/legacy. In both are the same files. Can I delete 1 of the 2 entirely?
Thanks for the fast reply btw
To be on your place I would install Root Manager from G.Play and carefully looked inside. In acc to result i would be acting next step. And probably you will find another 0 folder. ( personal experience)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...explorer&hl=en
Samsung Galaxy S III
ROM : BeanStalk
Kernel : Boeffla Kernel

On the left is "Thanks" button. If you think Ive helped you, hit it hardly!

mankidavu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanghe05 View Post
Hi, I have a s3 international version, rooted and cm11 on it. My internal memory is almost full and I can't seem to move apps to external sd card. Also, a few months ago I had 5 gigs of space left, now 900mb... Did a complete whipe and started all over again, but still 900mb free memory. Is there a way I can delete everything, maybe go back to stock an start all over?

Thanks
Use any file explorer (ES file explorer has one) which has storage space analysis tools.
That'll help you to locate the folders which are using most of the space.