Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

19305 lte - is re rooting the right step?

Tip us?

ubermorgan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 19305 lte - is re rooting the right step?

Hi guys. I'm still new to rooting and roming. Not sure exactly what i have done wrong but i hope you guys can help so heres a quick run down.

Rooted the phone no problem with odin.

SuperSU gave me a headache so i uninstalled and re installed through play store...rebooted and all was well. With rom manager pro i backed everything up. TWRP recovery.

with mobile odin pro i flashed the galaxy project and re booted. It looks great but when i got to superSU it says there is no SU binary installed. Now titanium back up won't work either. I checked with root checker and it is detecting superSU but it's saying that my phone is not rooted which kind of makes sence as to why it isn't working.

With rom manager when i try to restore, it can't find any back ups which juuuuuuust peachy!

So now my thoughts are re rooting and starting from scratch. Not sure if i'm on the right track here but it doesn't matter anyway because odin will NOT see my phone in download mode.

Not sure if i've done something wrong, i probably have just not sure what it is but i also feel that this is salvagable.

Can anyone help?

promo87
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermorgan View Post
Hi guys. I'm still new to rooting and roming. Not sure exactly what i have done wrong but i hope you guys can help so heres a quick run down.

Rooted the phone no problem with odin.

SuperSU gave me a headache so i uninstalled and re installed through play store...rebooted and all was well. With rom manager pro i backed everything up. TWRP recovery.

with mobile odin pro i flashed the galaxy project and re booted. It looks great but when i got to superSU it says there is no SU binary installed. Now titanium back up won't work either. I checked with root checker and it is detecting superSU but it's saying that my phone is not rooted which kind of makes sence as to why it isn't working.

With rom manager when i try to restore, it can't find any back ups which juuuuuuust peachy!

So now my thoughts are re rooting and starting from scratch. Not sure if i'm on the right track here but it doesn't matter anyway because odin will NOT see my phone in download mode.

Not sure if i've done something wrong, i probably have just not sure what it is but i also feel that this is salvagable.

Can anyone help?
Well, let me guide you over to the appropriate thread over the XDA at http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...i9305-t2663751 . I am sure this is going to help you out !