XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3: cf auto root, triangle away and Ota

Tip us?

IlBene95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.3: cf auto root, triangle away and Ota

Hi there, I'm not so experienced so far but I'd like to root my Galaxy S3 All stock with 4.3 build, I9300XXUGMK6 (unbranded italian). So far I understood that as long as I only want to run some root apps, I can use cf auto root and mantain all stock, 'cause it will reinstall stock recovery. Then I want to know if triangle away works on 4.3 (recently has been updated to 3.26).
After that will I be able to get OTA, as long as the system files are stock and the only difference is the root and some root apps? Can someone confirm this? Thanks everyone.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Yes to CF auto root, yes to triangle away, no to ota -it won't update if you have modified your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

IlBene95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Yes to CF auto root, yes to triangle away, no to ota -it won't update if you have modified your phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Are you sure? There's much confusion in this forum about ota with root, some say that it is possible to get it, if the reovery and the rom are full stock, only there's the possibility to lose root... In fact, there is an option, in SuperSU, which allows to mantain root even after OTA, so I guess it's posible to get it... Am I wrong?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Sure lets put it this way 99% of posts that have OTA problems are rooted and the install fails .
Via the method you post just going to have to try it as i have only seen one claiming it works .
But as i don't have OTA i cannot test .

IlBene95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Sure lets put it this way 99% of posts that have OTA problems are rooted and the install fails .
Via the method you post just going to have to try it as i have only seen one claiming it works .
But as i don't have OTA i cannot test .
Thank you for the answer. So assuming Ota not possible, after reset flash counter with triangle away if I want to download it or to claim warranty back I'll only have to flash a stock firmware with odin and it's done? Right?