[Q] after 4.3 update internal sdcard data inaccesible

Tip us?

centroi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] after 4.3 update internal sdcard data inaccesible

hi, I have another problems with update

I flashed 4.3 update, and noticed that I dont have my pictures, search in sdcard and there is any of my files, but... free space is exactly the same, i made a scan using disk space for examinate space structure and appears lot of used space, my files, as system space, more han 6 gb, but I cant access it,

I tried access through root explorer looking in all folders but I cant find my files, but there is, free space in sdcard is exactly the same before flashing

what is the problem? why happend that?

centroi
Old
(Last edited by centroi; 22nd December 2013 at 04:32 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well, I dont know why and what was the reason but I made nandroid backup this afternoon, I never do, but I feel so lucky today

restore nandroid buckup, and all my files are there again!!

my files with 4.3 appear like system data, reserved space

same scan with disk space and now appear all structure of folders and files, and the winner folder was "media", containing all my files, looking with astro explorer and there is all

why this has happend? is not compatible??

lot of years with android, but, increasingly tired of this strange things

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
You need to learn the basics, start in general forum sticky threads -there is one on storage which has a link to the changes brought by 4.2 & 4.3.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by centroi View Post
hi, I have another problems with update

I flashed 4.3 update, and noticed that I dont have my pictures, search in sdcard and there is any of my files, but... free space is exactly the same, i made a scan using disk space for examinate space structure and appears lot of used space, my files, as system space, more han 6 gb, but I cant access it,

I tried access through root explorer looking in all folders but I cant find my files, but there is, free space in sdcard is exactly the same before flashing

what is the problem? why happend that?
This will help u solve ur problem.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

centroi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
This will help u solve ur problem.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300.

thank you, I saw last night, and is so similar the subjet, but not the same

I look at the mentioned folders and there is not the media partition

obviously have to be there, im flashing 4.3 and trying to find it

thank you

centroi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
solved, thanks a lot

solution in last link works

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by centroi View Post
solved, thanks a lot

solution in last link works
Give a thank. Dun say it. I think its against the forum rule O.o or at least in other forums. Idk.

Sent from my GT-I9300.

Jarmezrocks
Old
(Last edited by Jarmezrocks; 23rd December 2013 at 12:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
By the way, the solutions posted also didn't help me any. There was only new sd data created at sdcard/0 (and i9305 doesn't have its sdcard mounted in data/media we have ours located in storage/sdcard0 on 4.1.2 and by the looks of things storage/sdcard/0 on 4.3? that means that all data that is missing is located at the parent folder above 0. I tried searching and searching and found no way to access my sdcard data other than to flash back to 4.1.2 and then retrieve it and then flash back again.

Could this be corrected with a symlink in the updater script?

What I mean is, that there is obviously an error somewhere along the line? i9305 had it's sdcard located at /storage/sdcard0 then when we flash to 4.3 it is located at /storage/sdcard/0

so................................................ .............................. ^^^ this is obviously an issue.

I have not attempted symlinks on SD filesystem and AFAIK attempting to symlink SDcard to internal system partition doesn't work; System to system DOES, but I am unsure if sdcard to sdcard can work?

Say for instance adding a symlink from sdcard root to sdcard/0/root.....could this be possible? Or will this cause media scanner to go haywire?
And if so could a .nomedia solve this?

I feel like trying this. I will post back here if I have success.

help find a cure for Narcolepsy
donations to this cause do not come directly to me, they are
anonymous but please tell me so I can give you thanks

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmezrocks View Post
By the way, the solutions posted also didn't help me any. There was only new sd data created at sdcard/0 (and i9305 doesn't have its sdcard mounted in data/media we have ours located in storage/sdcard0 on 4.1.2 and by the looks of things storage/sdcard/0 on 4.3? that means that all data that is missing is located at the parent folder above 0. I tried searching and searching and found no way to access my sdcard data other than to flash back to 4.1.2 and then retrieve it and then flash back again.

Could this be corrected with a symlink in the updater script?

What I mean is, that there is obviously an error somewhere along the line? i9305 had it's sdcard located at /storage/sdcard0 then when we flash to 4.3 it is located at /storage/sdcard/0

so................................................ .............................. ^^^ this is obviously an issue.

I have not attempted symlinks on SD filesystem and AFAIK attempting to symlink SDcard to internal system partition doesn't work; System to system DOES, but I am unsure if sdcard to sdcard can work?

Say for instance adding a symlink from sdcard root to sdcard/0/root.....could this be possible? Or will this cause media scanner to go haywire?
And if so could a .nomedia solve this?

I feel like trying this. I will post back here if I have success.
Are u using a root file manager?

Sent from my SM-N9005.
Give a thank if I helped you

Jarmezrocks
Old
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
I'm stupid, I knew that FAT32 doesn't support reparse/symlinks

Bugger. This all relates back to a KNOX issue AFAIK, 0 meaning default user, so I can't effectively link even if I wanted to.

vold.fstab between both versions is identical so the coding is internal within either the framework of some other system file....deep deep within the depths of smali land where I never wish to venture.

I'm wondering if busybox can overpower what RootExplorer doesn't support with a blatant symlink no matter what? hmmm

help find a cure for Narcolepsy
donations to this cause do not come directly to me, they are
anonymous but please tell me so I can give you thanks