[Q] after 4.3 update internal sdcard data inaccesible

Search This thread

centroi

Mar 24, 2009
hi, I have another problems with update

I flashed 4.3 update, and noticed that I dont have my pictures, search in sdcard and there is any of my files, but... free space is exactly the same, i made a scan using disk space for examinate space structure and appears lot of used space, my files, as system space, more han 6 gb, but I cant access it,

I tried access through root explorer looking in all folders but I cant find my files, but there is, free space in sdcard is exactly the same before flashing

what is the problem? why happend that?

centroi

Mar 24, 2009
well, I dont know why and what was the reason but I made nandroid backup this afternoon, I never do, but I feel so lucky today

restore nandroid buckup, and all my files are there again!!

my files with 4.3 appear like system data, reserved space

same scan with disk space and now appear all structure of folders and files, and the winner folder was "media", containing all my files, looking with astro explorer and there is all

why this has happend? is not compatible??

lot of years with android, but, increasingly tired of this strange things

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
You need to learn the basics, start in general forum sticky threads -there is one on storage which has a link to the changes brought by 4.2 & 4.3.

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013

I flashed 4.3 update, and noticed that I dont have my pictures, search in sdcard and there is any of my files, but... free space is exactly the same, i made a scan using disk space for examinate space structure and appears lot of used space, my files, as system space, more han 6 gb, but I cant access it,

I tried access through root explorer looking in all folders but I cant find my files, but there is, free space in sdcard is exactly the same before flashing

This will help u solve ur problem.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you. :)

Reactions: centroi

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
By the way, the solutions posted also didn't help me any. There was only new sd data created at sdcard/0 (and i9305 doesn't have its sdcard mounted in data/media we have ours located in storage/sdcard0 on 4.1.2 and by the looks of things storage/sdcard/0 on 4.3? that means that all data that is missing is located at the parent folder above 0. I tried searching and searching and found no way to access my sdcard data other than to flash back to 4.1.2 and then retrieve it and then flash back again.

Could this be corrected with a symlink in the updater script?

What I mean is, that there is obviously an error somewhere along the line? i9305 had it's sdcard located at /storage/sdcard0 then when we flash to 4.3 it is located at /storage/sdcard/0

so.............................................................................. ^^^ this is obviously an issue.

I have not attempted symlinks on SD filesystem and AFAIK attempting to symlink SDcard to internal system partition doesn't work; System to system DOES, but I am unsure if sdcard to sdcard can work?

Say for instance adding a symlink from sdcard root to sdcard/0/root.....could this be possible? Or will this cause media scanner to go haywire?
And if so could a .nomedia solve this?

I feel like trying this. I will post back here if I have success.

Last edited:

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
By the way, the solutions posted also didn't help me any. There was only new sd data created at sdcard/0 (and i9305 doesn't have its sdcard mounted in data/media we have ours located in storage/sdcard0 on 4.1.2 and by the looks of things storage/sdcard/0 on 4.3? that means that all data that is missing is located at the parent folder above 0. I tried searching and searching and found no way to access my sdcard data other than to flash back to 4.1.2 and then retrieve it and then flash back again.

Could this be corrected with a symlink in the updater script?

What I mean is, that there is obviously an error somewhere along the line? i9305 had it's sdcard located at /storage/sdcard0 then when we flash to 4.3 it is located at /storage/sdcard/0

so.............................................................................. ^^^ this is obviously an issue.

I have not attempted symlinks on SD filesystem and AFAIK attempting to symlink SDcard to internal system partition doesn't work; System to system DOES, but I am unsure if sdcard to sdcard can work?

Say for instance adding a symlink from sdcard root to sdcard/0/root.....could this be possible? Or will this cause media scanner to go haywire?
And if so could a .nomedia solve this?

I feel like trying this. I will post back here if I have success.

Are u using a root file manager?

Sent from my SM-N9005.
Give a thank if I helped you :)

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
I'm stupid, I knew that FAT32 doesn't support reparse/symlinks

Bugger. This all relates back to a KNOX issue AFAIK, 0 meaning default user, so I can't effectively link even if I wanted to.

vold.fstab between both versions is identical so the coding is internal within either the framework of some other system file....deep deep within the depths of smali land where I never wish to venture.

I'm wondering if busybox can overpower what RootExplorer doesn't support with a blatant symlink no matter what? hmmm
eusa_think.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This will help u solve ur problem.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2274218

Sent from my GT-I9300.
    Give a thank if i helped you. :)