Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No more 4.4 roms?

Tip us?

RazorMC
Old
(Last edited by RazorMC; 3rd May 2014 at 01:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4751 View Post
Install Samsung kies 3 from here
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Run kies then go to Tool > Firmware Upgrade and Installation

Follow the on screen instructions, this should completely reset the phone to a working condition.
I prefer Odin over Kies any day. It's better for flashing imo.

Point is, I can use stock 4.3 rom without any problems, but my issue is that I can no longer change to non-TW roms, esp KK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galliard View Post
Try to use MK6 complete suite, then apply MK6 patched modem and kernel not only patched modem. I don't know why people say flash MG4 modem, it will never work alone. You must need patched kernel to make it work or use ariza patch in older releases.
Gonna try this now. I'm aiming for KK roms, so I guess Ariza won't help me here.

PS: I can get stock 4.3 without any problems. The signal problem occurs in non-TW roms only. I wanted signal on a 4.4-based rom.

~ RazorMC
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC

shazzy1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC View Post
One thing I came across was to downgrade efs from v2 to v1 using the rescue firmware. I don't know if that is safe or will it even work.

Tried it, doesn't work
I'm stuck on official 4.3.

~ RazorMC

can you tell me what error is thrown????

(i) you have CWM r8?
(i) download a cwm flashable MG4 Modem, looks like your phone has an EFS issue (had this issue once).

RazorMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzy1 View Post
can you tell me what error is thrown????

(i) you have CWM r8?
(i) download a cwm flashable MG4 Modem, looks like your phone has an EFS issue (had this issue once).
I don't get any signal on KitKat roms. IMEI is empty and baseband is unknown in "About" section. That is my issue.

Stock 4.3 works fine for me

I've tried MG4 and MK6 modem and restoring efs via Philz Recovery 6.07.9 but no luck. I get a network signal that keeps dropping most of the time. This is strange because I haven't come across this problem before. Everytime I have to flash stock via Odin.

I need to find out why this happens so I can help others if they have the same issue.

EFS is ok and not damaged at all. The problem is that the system can't read the EFS, but I can't figure out what I need to do to get it to work.

~ RazorMC
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC

shazzy1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC View Post
I don't get any signal on KitKat roms. IMEI is empty and baseband is unknown in "About" section. That is my issue.

Stock 4.3 works fine for me

I've tried MG4 and MK6 modem and restoring efs via Philz Recovery 6.07.9 but no luck. I get a network signal that keeps dropping most of the time. This is strange because I haven't come across this problem before. Everytime I have to flash stock via Odin.

I need to find out why this happens so I can help others if they have the same issue.

EFS is ok and not damaged at all. The problem is that the system can't read the EFS, but I can't figure out what I need to do to get it to work.

~ RazorMC

are custom 4.3's working fine mate tried any????
The Following User Says Thank You to shazzy1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RazorMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
[SOLVED]

Problem: Upgraded to official 4.3 and since then I have not been able to get network signals on 4.4-based roms. Stock 4.3 works fine.

Solution: Installed stock 4.1.2 (even though people said it doesn't work). Lost my signal and IMEI became 0049. Then I installed the patched MG4 modem and got imei and signal back. Then upgraded to Resurrection Remix rom (without GApps first) and still had signal.

Credits:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzy1 View Post
Tried flashing MG4 modem?????
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by galliard View Post
Try to use MK6 complete suite, then apply MK6 patched modem and kernel not only patched modem. I don't know why people say flash MG4 modem, it will never work alone. You must need patched kernel to make it work or use ariza patch in older releases.
and
SamMobile

Thanks to all who posted here and helped me with ideas.

~ RazorMC
Phone History

Quote:
~ RazorMC
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorMC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shazzy1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Glad u found a fix

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app