FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] I-9300 bootloop and no recovery

6th May 2014, 09:41 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello,

I have a S3 which is stuck in a bootloop at the samsung logo.
when i turn it on it shows the logo for some seconds then the screen goes black and the logo re-appears.
i can not boot into recovery mode, but download mode is working without a problem every time.

i tried flashing stock firmwares with odin and also tried kies emergency firmware recovery. the flashing always went without any problem, but it had effect. whatever i try, i am never able to boot into recovery and still stuck in the bootloop.

in some tries after flashing the screen just shows the samsung logo forever, but after rebooting it once it then is stuck in a bootloop again (shows the logo - screen goes black - shows the logo...)

i also tried flashing TWRP and CWM via odin, but again i can never boot into recovery mode.

what should i try next?

thx alot for any helpful comment
 
 
6th May 2014, 10:21 AM |#2  
S1ay3r666's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varjo

Hello,

I have a S3 which is stuck in a bootloop at the samsung logo.
when i turn it on it shows the logo for some seconds then the screen goes black and the logo re-appears.
i can not boot into recovery mode, but download mode is working without a problem every time.

i tried flashing stock firmwares with odin and also tried kies emergency firmware recovery. the flashing always went without any problem, but it had effect. whatever i try, i am never able to boot into recovery and still stuck in the bootloop.

in some tries after flashing the screen just shows the samsung logo forever, but after rebooting it once it then is stuck in a bootloop again (shows the logo - screen goes black - shows the logo...)

i also tried flashing TWRP and CWM via odin, but again i can never boot into recovery mode.

what should i try next?

thx alot for any helpful comment

You can Try this:

1.) Pull out battery
2.) Put it in again
3.) Press Vol up + home + power
4.) When the Samsung Logo appears let it off

I think you press the Buttons too long.
I had the same problem!
6th May 2014, 10:27 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ay3r666

I think you press the Buttons too long.

i really tried everything, it's not working. btw with i am stuck at the very first image, where it says "samsung Galaxy sII GT-I9300".
i dont think it's just the way i press the buttons because i can reach it on my s1 and s2 without a problem, it's just not working on this device.

could some setting like "nand erase all" in odin help? in other threads there is sometimes mentioned that the internal file system might be screwed up and in those cases a simple odin reflash does not help anymore...
6th May 2014, 12:33 PM |#4  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 810
 
More
Nand erase will usually hard brick it. Try the rescue firmware from general forum, sticky thread. Follow the guide exactly as it includes a pit file.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 01:03 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Try the rescue firmware from general forum, sticky thread. Follow the guide exactly as it includes a pit file.

thx, but i already did that (multiple times) and flashing via odin always succeeds. then the phone reboots and is stuck at the first samsung galaxy s.. screen. twice i managed somehow to get into recovery (after flashing cwm6) but it then randomly rebooted.

and i dont think that the power button is stuck because when i am in download mode it is perfectly fine it never reboots itself unexpectedly.
6th May 2014, 02:38 PM |#6  
krossifix's Avatar
Member
Dr. Gero's lab basement
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Arrow
Had a similar issue on my tab2 p3100. It all happened when I tried flashing a custom recovery from rom manager.
A bad flash of anything related to recovery or bootloader could be a probable cause.

I remember a knowledge share on one of the threads describing this issue and as mentioned on it all I had to do is this:

1) switch off the device and plug in the charger. This would light up the display showing you the charging status. The status has to show if at least your bootloader part of the phone is fine.

2) plug out the charger and immediately press the three buttons (home + vol up + power) get into recovery mode. This step has to work and help you get to recovery mode.
***Note : the interval within which this step has to be performed is too short since the display would turn off immediately as soon as you plug out the charger. A bit tricky too so you have to be fast. If this misses getting you into recovery, pull out the battery and put it back again. Repeat step1 and 2 again.

3) upon successfully getting into recovery, perform wipe data, cache and select reboot phone from option available on recovery again.

Allow the device to boot. This could take a while since you have performed a data wipe and may prompt for first time set up.

I was able to restore functionality on my tab after these steps and like ppl learn from their mistakes, I then learnt that recoveries and bootloaders are things that needs to be done with a pc only.

Worth a try if you have tried other alternatives and found no go. may help. Who knows..

all the best.
6th May 2014, 03:22 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
thats also not working. i tried to get into recovery since two days now...
i also tried the steps from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...em-gt-t2535367

but again, after i flash the cf-root (successfully) the phone does neither boot into recovery by itself nor can i do it by hand...
its crazy... in download mode i can see the model number (GT-I9300) and i thought as long as the model number is there and i can enter download mode there should be a way to recover the device.

but i cannot think of anything to try that i have not done yet
6th May 2014, 04:12 PM |#8  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 810
 
More
If the rescue firmware didn't help then it looks like the emmc chip is damaged.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
6th May 2014, 11:16 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

If the rescue firmware didn't help then it looks like the emmc chip is damaged.

is there a way to make certain of this? how can i tell if it is really a hardware damage and not just a software brick?
i just dont want to let the phone go, it looks still so shiny

is there anything else that could cause the phone not booting into recovery mode after flashing custom recoveries?
7th May 2014, 06:03 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varjo

is there a way to make certain of this? how can i tell if it is really a hardware damage and not just a software brick?
i just dont want to let the phone go, it looks still so shiny

is there anything else that could cause the phone not booting into recovery mode after flashing custom recoveries?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-help-t2737707

Same here, still didn't found how to fix it.. I guess our motherboard just died..

Howewer I have a solution that "almost" worked for me.

Get a stock firmware in odin and turn on Nand erase and T-flash
When it's done phone reboots and you'll see just "Downloading..." mode when you turn it on.
Then got to Kies and Select firmware recovery...
Enter s/n and model name and wait for the flash to complete.
With it , I got past boot logo and actually booted into android but the phone crashed because I guess I have a memory issue..
Well , gl. If you don't find anything else helpful , try going with this method..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, i-9300, no recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes