Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot Access Recovery/Half Rooted?

OP xwm

4th February 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys, after much digging I've been unable to find a solution to my problem. It may be my lack of technical knowledge or a unique issue, either way please bare with me.
I have a Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 that I have been attempting to root. In short, I used Odin to flash a CF Auto-Root tool. Unfortunately, it didn't quite do the trick because when I enter SuperSU, I'm given the prompt to update binarys and manually re-root. I know that's common, my issue is that when I attempt to enter recovery mode AFTER this I am presented a screen with a red android logo that says CF Auto-Root at the top. No recovery mode, no way to factory reset, seems as if my device is half rooted. Do I need to flash a stock rom through Odin to resolve this? If so, where can I find a current 4.3 version?
What I'd really like is to successfully root and load a custom ROM on this device which should be easy but has only proven to be a difficult process. As an aside could anyone possibly provide an updated guide to do this? Every one I follow has lead me to issues/incomplete rooting.

Thanks guys, I hope this isn't beating a dead horse too much.
5th February 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwm

Hey guys, after much digging I've been unable to find a solution to my problem. It may be my lack of technical knowledge or a unique issue, either way please bare with me.
I have a Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 that I have been attempting to root. In short, I used Odin to flash a CF Auto-Root tool. Unfortunately, it didn't quite do the trick because when I enter SuperSU, I'm given the prompt to update binarys and manually re-root. I know that's common, my issue is that when I attempt to enter recovery mode AFTER this I am presented a screen with a red android logo that says CF Auto-Root at the top. No recovery mode, no way to factory reset, seems as if my device is half rooted. Do I need to flash a stock rom through Odin to resolve this? If so, where can I find a current 4.3 version?
What I'd really like is to successfully root and load a custom ROM on this device which should be easy but has only proven to be a difficult process. As an aside could anyone possibly provide an updated guide to do this? Every one I follow has lead me to issues/incomplete rooting.

Thanks guys, I hope this isn't beating a dead horse too much.

You can just flash a recovery from odin and then flash a custom rom with su.Seems that the half-root hasnt damaged your recovery partition.
5th February 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piano13

You can just flash a recovery from odin and then flash a custom rom with su.Seems that the half-root hasnt damaged your recovery partition.

I was able to flash Philz Touch Recovery and through that fully root my device. I am now running CyanFox and so far pretty happy with it. Thanks for the advice!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread