Need advice on charging my S3

Tip us?

skatlyup
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need advice on charging my S3

Hi,

I've read various guides on the net on the best way to charge an S3 (or any modern smartphone).

Some say charge when the battery is at 40% and take it off when it reaches 80%.

Some say to fully discharge it, then charge to 100%.

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to charge my phone (so the battery lasts longer).

Thanks.

suyash1629
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatlyup View Post
Hi,

I've read various guides on the net on the best way to charge an S3 (or any modern smartphone).

Some say charge when the battery is at 40% and take it off when it reaches 80%.

Some say to fully discharge it, then charge to 100%.

Can anyone give me advice on the best way to charge my phone (so the battery lasts longer).

Thanks.
Charge your phone when the phone says connect to charger and remove it when it says Fully charged.. this is the best way to charge your phone...

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 562
The battery is only supposed to last 50 charge cycles, before capacity is noticeably reduced. As above, don't leave it fully charged and don't let it go below 15%.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

samkent6
Old
Thanks Meter 20
It wont matter if you leave your phone on the charger when it says fully charged since they have a cut off point so when it reaches 100% it will not continue to put power into the battery. That's why I charge mine overnight because when I wake up the charger is cold so I know it hasn't been charging all night

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Point to note on the above reply .

We on XDA first found that users left phone on charge overnight where reporting a dead unit . After a number of these posts it was recognized as what became SDS or sudden death syndrome .
Leaving on charge overnight is not the actual cause of SDS but something i don't risk any more fixes or not .

SDS seems to manifest in 2 distinct ways.

1) Complete eMMC failure. This usually happens over night whilst on charge* - The LED may be lit but the phone will not wake. Subsequent removal of the battery will turn off the LED. You will never get the LED back on. The phone will never turn on again. It needs to go to a service centre and have the motherboard replaced

* Being on Charge is NOT the cause. This is a writing to memory issue and it is more likely to happen when teh device is awake rather than in deep sleep. When the S3 is on charge, it holds a wake lock (so remains awake) throughout the entire charging period, meaning SDS is more likely to occur when on charge This does not mean you should avoid charging your phone. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091045
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suyash1629
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
The battery is only supposed to last 50 charge cycles, before capacity is noticeably reduced. As above, don't leave it fully charged and don't let it go below 15%.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
ya its a good thing to note, never to leave it charging even if the phone says charged, remove it as soon as phone says charged!!

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to suyash1629 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geekboy26
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm going to start charging mine while I'm at work. I normally charge it overnight but it seems from what I've read here that it's counterproductive.