Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need advices on update to Android 4.3

Tip us?

Mord Fustang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default I need advices on update to Android 4.3

Hello, I am receiving an official update on my S3 device by ota, It says the amount of 419.04MB. I suppose it is Android 4.3.
But this update is recomended? Does it have any problem, or lag, or Samsung fixed it on the update?
Please tell me if it is correct to update my mobile or not.
Regards and thanks to all of you.
MORD FUSTANG

kadir456
Old
Thanks Meter 34
For me it lagged extreme!

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (Temasek Unofficial V36 )
Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel-CM11-2.1-Beta9-

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Version UGML4 is fine, a slight lag on waking from deep sleep but battery life is excellent.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

dadomonte
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord Fustang View Post
Hello, I am receiving an official update on my S3 device by ota, It says the amount of 419.04MB. I suppose it is Android 4.3.
But this update is recomended? Does it have any problem, or lag, or Samsung fixed it on the update?
There is thread to discuss the 4.3 software, have a look here befor update http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2344133

Good luck.

Mord Fustang
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadomonte View Post
There is thread to discuss the 4.3 software, have a look here befor update http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2344133

Good luck.
In that topic they only talk about custom updates, rooting, or recovery. Not about the official update I am looking for...
MORD FUSTANG

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4418
Quote:

One what model phone do you have .
Two multiple identical posts on the forum re 4.3 and yes some have a problem others do not .

h8Aramex
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Update your phone via a "SMART TERMINAL" or KIES.
I updated via OTA when I got home. The update went smooth... but the phone got awful slow/laggy/terrible.
A few days passed and I found a Samsung shop. Went in and saw an "update terminal."

After it finished, the phone was buttery smooth again.
Please note, that encryption will be MUCH SLOWER. So you cannot use it encrypted anymore. At least not like you used it. It will lag, it will stutter, all the crap you can imagine. Lucky I have insurance and I use a powerful password. So even if I get robbed I can reset the phone from home and get a new phone for cheap.
But yeah, I do miss the encryption feature, I felt safer that way. But it just got way too slow.

I even took the phone back to Samsung as in warranty repair, but they told me the policy says they can't downgrade so they just pushed up the 4.3 rom all over again. Meh.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4418
I even took the phone back to Samsung as in warranty repair, but they told me the policy says they can't downgrade so they just pushed up the 4.3 rom all over again.

Reason see faqs and guides .

Orangevenom
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up No Problems

Hi,

im in the UK on the network 02

I upgraded about 3 weeks ago now and i have had no problems whatsoever, I guess i was a lucky one ive heard all sorts of problems with this update i just cant wait until 4.4 comes that's if it ever does!