No registration required

Should I be afraid ?

OP Denzof

26th April 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

156 posts
More
Hello guys ! I currently have Cyanogenmod 11 on my Samsung Galaxy SIII and I love it, it's smooth good battery life and I like the overall Stock Google experience.
But once I read here on xda and other sources that the persons phone just shut down and he couldn't turn it back and it was bricked or something like that and he returned the phone to Samsung which didn't do anything for free since the warranty was void for having a custom rom.
Now I'm afraid that this could happen to my phone too. I still normally have warranty so if I put back Samsung back and use Triangle away I could get it back. What should I do ?

Sorry if I put it in wrong place
26th April 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag City of oranges
Thanks Meter: 354

747 posts
Well not much a problem if you do everything correctly and as per instructions.. The key thing is that you read a lot before doing anything to your phone..
The case you are talking about happens but not very commonly it is called sudden death syndrome.. And can happen even if you are not rooted..Samsung patched that bug in 4.1.2 android release.. so above that would be all fine..
Anytime you feel you are facing bugs our any problems return to your stock rom by just making a backup of that...

Sent from my GT-I9300
26th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I'had the same worries. Now i'm using custom roms, and guess what? There's nothing to worry. The phone can die using stock or custom roms, and the cm11 is rock solid. I'm using Omnirom and is great. Think about the people who use custom roms and never have any problem. In the end , the hardware can have problems, independently of the rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread