Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.3 custom boot animation support

Tip us?
 
mrjoy
Old
#1  
mrjoy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 1,251
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Heaven Of Punjab
Default Android 4.3 custom boot animation support

Hello to all. I just want to use custom boot animation on galaxy s3 device bcoz it supports only .qmg file. If possible to use zip bootanimation then plz tell me the way, even i seen this custom boot animation compatibility in neat 4.3 rom.
 
kunal1540
Old
#2  
kunal1540's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 347
Posts: 749
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: City of oranges
Of course it has that support... Just flash the zip file through your recovery of the boot animation you want..

Sent from my GT-I9300
 
mrjoy
Old
#3  
mrjoy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 1,251
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Heaven Of Punjab
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1540 View Post
Of course it has that support... Just flash the zip file through your recovery of the boot animation you want..

Sent from my GT-I9300
Very nice. Dear i'm not noob. With directly flashed zip file it does not support the bootanimation. Then why i mentioned this thread here. the stock rom does not give the bootanimation.zip support. It supports .qmg file only at present.
 
kunal1540
Old
#4  
kunal1540's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 347
Posts: 749
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: City of oranges
Just so you know im also using a stock rom with custom boot animation and it works..
Maybe it doesn't work with the stock kernel..
I have noticed that whenever I flash a stock kernel my bootanimation doesn't show up..

Sent from my GT-I9300
 
mrjoy
Old
#5  
mrjoy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 1,251
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Heaven Of Punjab
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1540 View Post
Just so you know im also using a stock rom with custom boot animation and it works..
Maybe it doesn't work with the stock kernel..
I have noticed that whenever I flash a stock kernel my bootanimation doesn't show up..

Sent from my GT-I9300
Not working here with & without stock or custom recovery. I already checked. What rom you are using?
 
kunal1540
Old
#6  
kunal1540's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 347
Posts: 749
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: City of oranges
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoy View Post
Not working here with & without stock or custom recovery. I already checked. What rom you are using?
Smartdroid simple v7..
Not recovery I said kernel...

Sent from my GT-I9300
 
lemi00
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal1540 View Post
Smartdroid simple v7..
Not recovery I said kernel...

Sent from my GT-I9300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoy View Post
Hello to all. I just want to use custom boot animation on galaxy s3 device bcoz it supports only .qmg file. If possible to use zip bootanimation then plz tell me the way, even i seen this custom boot animation compatibility in neat 4.3 rom.
try this:
 
coolhof
Old
#8  
coolhof's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 723
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brabant.
Search and read......
Or try this.:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31833122

Send From A Devil3 - f2fs - Dualboot Jb4.3/cm11 Powered Machine
----------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 Dual Boot.
Kernel: Devil3 4_0.1.4 [4.4.x, 4.3.x] - f2fs Filesystem - Dualboot
Recovery: Devil-i9300-recovery
Rom1: My Own Custom Rom Base JB4.3
Rom2: Cm11.
----------------------------------------------

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more