Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android L AOKP / CyanogenMod

Tip us?

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Android L AOKP / CyanogenMod

Does anybody know if AOKP or CyanogenmMod are working on updating their roms to Android L?

I know it's officially just for Nexus 5 and 7 at this point, but Im interested to know if they will port this to other devices,
specifically our precious Galaxy S3.

Thanks in advance for your input, guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomerstern For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dima_2005
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
I guess when Google will push the source of Android L to AOSP, CM and others can start working on it. But before that I don't think we'll get Android L.

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_2005 View Post
I guess when Google will push the source of Android L to AOSP, CM and others can start working on it. But before that I don't think we'll get Android L.
Do you think that will in the next few weeks, or just in the fall, when the system gets officially released?

bornlivedie
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerstern View Post
Do you think that will in the next few weeks, or just in the fall, when the system gets officially released?
of course they will, but only when it gets officialy released

it's hard to port from a dev. image and it's harder of the S3 (no sources and all)

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornlivedie View Post
of course they will, but only when it gets officialy released

it's hard to port from a dev. image and it's harder of the S3 (no sources and all)
Thanks a lot for the info.
At least now I'll know not to hold my breath.

palito1980
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I would really want to get my hands on L but people THINK for a second Google didn't even released the L yet and you want CyanogenMod L on your phones. Use your brains. When the code will be released we will be able to start thinking about porting. Not earlier. WAIT and CyanogenMod will do something for our phones but only whet the L is published. NOT EARLIER. By the way if you want to have L on your phone MOVE YOUR A** and start porting.

tomerstern
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by palito1980 View Post
By the way if you want to have L on your phone MOVE YOUR A** and start porting.
I would have ported it already, but google hasn't released the AOSP yet. Have a little patience, will you?

nikctsh
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by palito1980 View Post
I would really want to get my hands on L but people THINK for a second Google didn't even released the L yet and you want CyanogenMod L on your phones. Use your brains. When the code will be released we will be able to start thinking about porting. Not earlier. WAIT and CyanogenMod will do something for our phones but only whet the L is published. NOT EARLIER. By the way if you want to have L on your phone MOVE YOUR A** and start porting.
Honestly I'm also find this thread annoying as this is not the only post with the same content, there are still tons out there, I've seen the same post all over XDA. HOWEVER, there's no reason for you to behave this rude. Man here is XDA. If you want to show your attitude go somewhere else. If you want to throw harsh words on others go somewhere else. Seriously you need to mind your words.