Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Android L AOKP / CyanogenMod

OP tomerstern

1st July 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

181 posts
Does anybody know if AOKP or CyanogenmMod are working on updating their roms to Android L?

I know it's officially just for Nexus 5 and 7 at this point, but Im interested to know if they will port this to other devices,
specifically our precious Galaxy S3.

Thanks in advance for your input, guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomerstern For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

219 posts
Donate to Me
More
I guess when Google will push the source of Android L to AOSP, CM and others can start working on it. But before that I don't think we'll get Android L.
1st July 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_2005

I guess when Google will push the source of Android L to AOSP, CM and others can start working on it. But before that I don't think we'll get Android L.

Do you think that will in the next few weeks, or just in the fall, when the system gets officially released?
1st July 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 393

1,043 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerstern

Do you think that will in the next few weeks, or just in the fall, when the system gets officially released?

of course they will, but only when it gets officialy released

it's hard to port from a dev. image and it's harder of the S3 (no sources and all)
1st July 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornlivedie

of course they will, but only when it gets officialy released

it's hard to port from a dev. image and it's harder of the S3 (no sources and all)

Thanks a lot for the info.
At least now I'll know not to hold my breath.
1st July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

195 posts
I would really want to get my hands on L but people THINK for a second Google didn't even released the L yet and you want CyanogenMod L on your phones. Use your brains. When the code will be released we will be able to start thinking about porting. Not earlier. WAIT and CyanogenMod will do something for our phones but only whet the L is published. NOT EARLIER. By the way if you want to have L on your phone MOVE YOUR A** and start porting.
1st July 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by palito1980

By the way if you want to have L on your phone MOVE YOUR A** and start porting.

I would have ported it already, but google hasn't released the AOSP yet. Have a little patience, will you?
2nd July 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 32

367 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palito1980

I would really want to get my hands on L but people THINK for a second Google didn't even released the L yet and you want CyanogenMod L on your phones. Use your brains. When the code will be released we will be able to start thinking about porting. Not earlier. WAIT and CyanogenMod will do something for our phones but only whet the L is published. NOT EARLIER. By the way if you want to have L on your phone MOVE YOUR A** and start porting.

Honestly I'm also find this thread annoying as this is not the only post with the same content, there are still tons out there, I've seen the same post all over XDA. HOWEVER, there's no reason for you to behave this rude. Man here is XDA. If you want to show your attitude go somewhere else. If you want to throw harsh words on others go somewhere else. Seriously you need to mind your words.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread