Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

android.process.media driving me crazy!

Tip us?

mischa_martin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Thumbs down android.process.media driving me crazy!

Hey guys,
im on 4.1.2 XXEMG4 and the media process is running all the time!
Iīve found out, that the download provider (donīt know the exact process name) is causing that "running lock".
Because if i FC the download provider, the media process is getting quiet. But after reboot...same sh*t.
I have already reformatted my SD and filtered it of bad files.

That bug is only present on 4.1.2 and ICS Roms.
And please donīt recommend me to go to 4.3 or AOSP. 4.3 lag much more than 4.1.2 and on AOSP I have some codec problems.

Thanks in advance,
mischa_martin

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 691
If you insist on sticking with such an ancient firmware then you'll have to live with the bugs, try disabling the service.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

mischa_martin
Old
(Last edited by mischa_martin; 23rd May 2014 at 08:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
If you insist on sticking with such an ancient firmware then you'll have to live with the bugs, try disabling the service.
I think itīs the fastest and most stable firmware for i9300. (I donīt think that I am the only one thinking so...)
If I disable the whole media process Iīll have no media scanner. For me a pretty important service of my phone.
If i disable the download provider Iīll get gapps FCīs.