Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 40,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some annoying problems

Tip us?

Simonna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Default Some annoying problems

Hello,so now I need a help because recently I got one very annoying problem:
On Dolphin browser or Next browser (It's the browsers that I usually using) I got very annoying popup ad that I have low memory and I need to clean it up, ok I pressed on "clean now" and I was redirected on Google Play Store app called "Du speed booster) and of course I checked my phone free RAM too but I had about 300MB free (earlier I didn't notice about this issue,it's started to happen about one week ago,it's happening only on certain websites,and + downloaded airpush detector and some Ad detector apps to check what app could cause those annoying popup ads with low memory message but no "bad" app was found) So does anyone have idea what could cause it?

And another problem that I've for along time (ok it's not such big problem as one above but as for regular Tapatalk user it's quite annoying) so to go on topic,on Tapatalk app I have slight scrolling lag,and I tried all solutions how to fix it but no one has helped (it's overclocking CPU up to 1.6GHZ,changing CPU governors,trying different I/O schedulers,forcing GPU rendering, and of course installing some AOSP roms) but slight scrolling lags happening anyway. So I would like to know, it is only me having Tapatalk scrolling lag issues or not,because on Google I haven't found a lot of people with scrolling lag issues on Tapatalk app)

So any suggestions and advices would be welcome.
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5
Liquidsmooth

amirTor
Old
Thanks Meter 365
1- Check those browser's settings for popup blocking setting, or you could install adBlock: https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install

2- never had this sort of problem- try to reset kernel's configs, or clean cache in taptalk settings

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Simonna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
1- Check those browser's settings for popup blocking setting, or you could install adBlock: https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install

2- never had this sort of problem- try to reset kernel's configs, or clean cache in taptalk settings

Pop up window blocking on browsers is checked.
Hmm... I cleaned its cache but it's didn't help a lot. I am using latest version of Tapatalk and these stutters usually happens about every 3-4 seconds. There is a difference that on every ROM it's different on one ROM scrolling stuttering is slighter on another one it's bigger.

Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5
Liquidsmooth

amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 30th January 2014 at 05:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonna View Post
Pop up window blocking on browsers is checked.
Hmm... I cleaned its cache but it's didn't help a lot. I am using latest version of Tapatalk and these stutters usually happens about every 3-4 seconds. There is a difference that on every ROM it's different on one ROM scrolling stuttering is slighter on another one it's bigger.

I recommend downloading AdBlack+, it seems to be very effective against those popups.

I don't think its related to the rom itself, but the kernel its uses- try to flash boeffla (get the stable ver) + download boeffla-config and check the default configs- its really flying

The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Simonna
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
I recommend downloading AdBlack+, it seems to be very effective against those popups.

I don't think its related to the rom itself, but the kernel its uses- try to flash boeffla (get the stable ver) + download boeffla-config and check the default configs- its really flying

Thanks for advice,to adblock I will definitely give a try. And I'm using boeffla kernel, and ok will try to restore it to default configs.
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5
Liquidsmooth