Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ART not working

Tip us?

ayoubij
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448
Exclamation [Q] ART not working

Hey guys, I tried switching to ART from dalvik today but unfortunately as soon as it finished booting I cant get past the lockscreen as it keep FCing each time I try to unlock the device. I tried rebooting , tried going to recovery and wiping cache and dalvik, and still the same. How can I fix this or how can I atleast return back to dalvik ?? because I cant even use the phone now.. Please help its urgent

im on the latest carbon rom nightly 4.4.3 and boeffla kernel Omni version beta 6.
Using nova launcher if this matters.
AOSP 4.4.4 or PORTED SAMMY 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S3 i9300
Current ROM: Carbon ROM 4.4.2

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoubij View Post
Hey guys, I tried switching to ART from dalvik today but unfortunately as soon as it finished booting I cant get past the lockscreen as it keep FCing each time I try to unlock the device. I tried rebooting , tried going to recovery and wiping cache and dalvik, and still the same. How can I fix this or how can I atleast return back to dalvik ?? because I cant even use the phone now.. Please help its urgent

im on the latest carbon rom nightly 4.4.3 and boeffla kernel Omni version beta 6.
Using nova launcher if this matters.
Restore your backup from within recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

stekkew
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Some of the custom roms just are not compatible with the ART. Restoring from a backup, or in the worst case do a clean/wipe install might be the only solution...