XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT Galaxy S3 Root Failed, won't boot up. No command

Tip us?

prexium01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ATT Galaxy S3 Root Failed, won't boot up. No command

So I recently got the Galaxy S5 and decided to root my old Galaxy S3. It's ATT, and runnign 4.3. The root failed, I had to pull batter because of loop. It now won't boot fully into the Android OS. I plug it into a charger, and the battery symbol comes up for a second. Then dissapears. Then comes back, so on and so forth forever. *Sometimes* I can get it to boot into recover. It shows a dead android, red triangle, and says something about 'No command' and then turns off. I think I may have tripped Knox. Is there any way to recover this phone?

ikuni123
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by prexium01 View Post
So I recently got the Galaxy S5 and decided to root my old Galaxy S3. It's ATT, and runnign 4.3. The root failed, I had to pull batter because of loop. It now won't boot fully into the Android OS. I plug it into a charger, and the battery symbol comes up for a second. Then dissapears. Then comes back, so on and so forth forever. *Sometimes* I can get it to boot into recover. It shows a dead android, red triangle, and says something about 'No command' and then turns off. I think I may have tripped Knox. Is there any way to recover this phone?
If you can boot into download mode you can recover it with odin or kies

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

prexium01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuni123 View Post
If you can boot into download mode you can recover it with odin or kies

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks, I got it recovered