Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Audio jack problems

Tip us?

Ronlos
Old
(Last edited by Ronlos; 10th May 2014 at 06:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Audio jack problems

hey there,
sorry for the long post, but I have a few questions and I want to be a specific and clear as I can.
so once again im facing some problems with my 3.5mm audio jack.
last time it happend (over six months ago) I still had the device waranty covering it so I just sent it to the store and they replaced the whole rear speaker part which includes the 3.5mm jack.
now that I don't have waranty covering it im probably facing some high cost for replacing this few dollars part....
I thought maybe I should try replacing it myself but encountered a problem oppening one of the screws in the back panel of the device (even though the screw looks fine, I guess the person who "fixed" my problem last time used too much force to screw/unscrew the screw and messed its head)

any solutions on oppening that last screw?
maybe I should just send it for repair and pay the price..?
or is there a more elegant way of fixing the 3.5mm jack?

also, its preaty annoying facing this problem again in such short term of time...
even though im not using lethal force to connect things to my device, I'm a rather heavy user and I tend to plug and unplug the device alot...
if its in my car when I plug it to the AUX or at my office when I plug it to the stereo or just when im on the train listening to my favorite tunes to pass the time.
what the hell can I do to make the jack last longer??

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
If you aren't confident then send it for repair, there is no way to repair hardware without disassembling the phone.

My phone is nearly two years old, headphones get plugged in at least two or three times a day and I've had no problems.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.