FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Battery backup on Samsung Galaxy SIII, GT19300

330 posts
Thanks Meter: 373
 
By nagaur, Senior Member on 2nd September 2014, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Dear All

Do you have some suggestions on increasing battery backup on my Samsung Galaxy SIII - GT19300 model. It has become a battery guzzler, and does not last more than 5 - 6 hours after full recharge.

I have done factory reset once, after that it was better for about a week, and then again it is back to the same situation.

Help please. . . Thank you all for your help.

Kind regards,

Naren
 
 
3rd September 2014, 08:37 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaur

Dear All

Do you have some suggestions on increasing battery backup on my Samsung Galaxy SIII - GT19300 model. It has become a battery guzzler, and does not last more than 5 - 6 hours after full recharge.

I have done factory reset once, after that it was better for about a week, and then again it is back to the same situation.

Help please. . . Thank you all for your help.

Kind regards,

Naren

try greenify app and freeze anything you don't need
3rd September 2014, 11:29 PM |#3  
f0xy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 326
 
Donate to Me
More
A new battery is the best bet
4th September 2014, 07:57 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 373
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasi275

try greenify app and freeze anything you don't need

Hi Jassi,

How to greenify the apps ? I have no idea, could you help me with this ?

How do you freeze apps which are not in use ?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Naren
The Following User Says Thank You to nagaur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 08:29 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 373
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0xy

A new battery is the best bet

Thank you Foxy,

the phone itself is less than 6 months old, so i do not suspect any issue with battery. Most likely the apps are eating too much of power, I think if i can remove some of the bloated applications from Samsung, that would do the trick. But i am yet to come across the method of removing the Samsung applications.

I would want to try removing all un-necessary applications and see the results.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Naren
4th September 2014, 08:35 AM |#6  
f0xy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 326
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaur

Thank you Foxy,

the phone itself is less than 6 months old, so i do not suspect any issue with battery. Most likely the apps are eating too much of power, I think if i can remove some of the bloated applications from Samsung, that would do the trick. But i am yet to come across the method of removing the Samsung applications.

I would want to try removing all un-necessary applications and see the results.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Naren

They're plenty methods within these threads but you will need root to execute these
4th September 2014, 10:57 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Open greenify press the plus + then select the apps then press the tick mark on upper right corner then the apps well hibernate
Last edited by jasi275; 4th September 2014 at 11:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jasi275 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2015, 06:28 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 373
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasi275

Open greenify press the plus + then select the apps then press the tick mark on upper right corner then the apps well hibernate

Thank you Jasi

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes