5,605,373 Members 42,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] battery drainage; hardware problem?

Tip us?

wauwter
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] battery drainage; hardware problem?

Hey guys,
I have been searching the threads, but was not able to find a similar problem.. I am having problems calibrating the battery of my Samsung I9300. My battery is completely empty within 3h from taking the phone from charging. I have calibrated the battery according to Battery calibration instructions, but that doesn't help. No apps are particularly draining or keeping the phone awake according to analysis (by for instance Battery Doctor, BetterBatteryStats WakeLockDetector), also since the same problem already existed with the stock rom and directly after factory reset. The problem is not ROM related, I have tried many different ones. When I place my battery (which then says 30% left for instance) in another I9300, here it gives still 88%. So I suppose the battery is fine, there is just bad communication between the phone and battery? Or maybe it can be a hardware instead of software problem?
Hope somebody has an idea and can help..
Thanks in advance!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
You don't calibrate the battery .
The battery self calibrates after a week or so of use .

Suggest format in recovery sdcard system data and cache .
Boot to download mode flash stock rom via Odin .
Still a problem its hardware .

wauwter
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
You don't calibrate the battery .
The battery self calibrates after a week or so of use .

Suggest format in recovery sdcard system data and cache .
Boot to download mode flash stock rom via Odin .
Still a problem its hardware .
So if I understand correctly, the calibration will not finish until one week after starting the procedure?
I will try your suggestion, but I am not very confident it will work, since the problem persisted from the start (when phone was still in stock ROM).
If this does not work, what could be the hardware problem? Then I can already search for some information on ordering the necessary parts..
Thanks!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
[QUOTE=wauwter;48266916]So if I understand correctly, the calibration will not finish until one week after starting the procedure?

>>>No it depends upon phone usage .

I will try your suggestion, but I am not very confident it will work, since the problem persisted from the start (when phone was still in stock ROM).

>>>Wiping and stock rom will remove any user error .

>>>> Hardware can be anything from usb port to motherboard .