Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery

Tip us?

Banchev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Battery Low [Q] Battery

Hi,
I'll buy the S3 next month and I have a question regarding the battery calibration. I have read from other forums that It is preferable to leave your battery drop to 0% once every month. Do you recommend I do the same?

Thanks!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
No, you'll damage the battery and can corrupt the partition if the phone shuts down unexpectedly. Unplug the charger as soon as it's charged then try to recharge before it reaches 15%

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SMN65
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
No, you'll damage the battery and can corrupt the partition if the phone shuts down unexpectedly. Unplug the charger as soon as it's charged then try to recharge before it reaches 15%

So the iphone 5s and the s3 have different batteries? Since Apple recommends to let it drop to 0% once per month as the OP stated.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMN65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Banchev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Unplug the charger as soon as it's charged

Why should I do that?
As I know lithium-ion (li-ion) batteries are not able to overcharge because they have protection.
Are you sure about everything that you stated above?
The Following User Says Thank You to Banchev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Search and read for the hundreds of people left in a boot loop with corrupt partitions after their battery discharged, the S3 is not an Apple product.

Li-ion batteries suffer permanent capacity loss from being left holding a full charge or being fully discharged, avoiding either limit will preserve the battery capacity for longer.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]