OP Blackwatch

27th June 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denby Dale
Thanks Meter: 75

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
My phone has a very strange problem and I am suspecting a dodgy emmc chip. As some will know I had to replace the front of my SGS3 after the dog tasted it . Since then I have lost my IMEI and have baseband unknown....TWICE I have managed to get it working again only for it to twice loose it again...ie got it working at 3am went to bed woke up to it broke again.

So I have done an IMEI / seriel check and It appears I have a factory warranty until dec 2014 So I am hoping to send the phone back to samsung to get it fixed there, however over the last few days I have flashed almost every stock rom I could find from 4.0.4 to 4.3 and a few custom roms in between as well as a couple of kernels, and rooted and rerooted over and over again. So I need to know the best way to basically turn this phone in to a standard SGS 3 with no signs of flashing.
27th June 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 23

91 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwatch

My phone has a very strange problem and I am suspecting a dodgy emmc chip. As some will know I had to replace the front of my SGS3 after the dog tasted it . Since then I have lost my IMEI and have baseband unknown....TWICE I have managed to get it working again only for it to twice loose it again...ie got it working at 3am went to bed woke up to it broke again.

So I have done an IMEI / seriel check and It appears I have a factory warranty until dec 2014 So I am hoping to send the phone back to samsung to get it fixed there, however over the last few days I have flashed almost every stock rom I could find from 4.0.4 to 4.3 and a few custom roms in between as well as a couple of kernels, and rooted and rerooted over and over again. So I need to know the best way to basically turn this phone in to a standard SGS 3 with no signs of flashing.

First: get into recovery and select wipe data and cache...
Second: then install the stock rom but you need to have your battery over 80%
Third: boot into recovery mode and look at how much custom binary you have, if you have 1 or 2,3,4... you need to delete it with triangle away BUT DELETE THIS BEFORE YOU UNROOT YOUR PHONE USING FIRST STEP
Triangle Away links:
XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...v3-26-t1494114
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.triangleaway

AND I'M NOT RESPONSiBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU DEAL TO YOUR PHONE... DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
27th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denby Dale
Thanks Meter: 75

478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cheers bud Ill give it a try...Im ringing Samsung in the morning to arrange everything
28th June 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

148 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...overy-t2323847 follow this guide .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread