Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Black screen after falling on the floor

Tip us?

wesjeex3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Default [Q] Black screen after falling on the floor

Hi guys,

A couple of months ago I had a similar problem like this and it cost me 165 euros. I just hope one of you got the solution for me so I don't have to pay another 165 euros to repair it. If none of you have a solution for me would you please recommend me a low-priced (used is okay) phone so I can hold on til November and get myself a new one along with the telephone contract.

So this happened today. I was at the gym in the dressing room and I put my phone out of my pocket. It fell from my pocket on the floor on one of the sides. It bounced a little bit and then fell straight on its back. Then I saw a couple of blue and green pixels on the bottom of the screen and then there was just a black screen. When it's on and I move my fingers over the menu and back key they light up. When I hit the power key the screen still stays black.

I can't send it to Samsung because I got OmniROM running on it, right?

Greetings,
wesjeex3

Did anyone help you? Hit the thanks button!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Warranty is void. A 5 bumper would have saved the new screen, buy a moto G.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

andrewwright
Old
Thanks Meter 2890
If you completely brick it they won't be able to tell what ROM it was on. Odin can brick a phone really easy
Not recommended but its a easy problem solver and its what I'd do on a last resort. Some would say defrauding I'd say recouping some of the money we spent on an over priced phone.

nismofan25
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright View Post
If you completely brick it they won't be able to tell what ROM it was on. Odin can brick a phone really easy
Not recommended but its a easy problem solver and its what I'd do on a last resort. Some would say defrauding I'd say recouping some of the money we spent on an over priced phone.
I wouldn't say it was defrauding. The phone shouldn't have broke by just dropping and bouncing, unless he had dropped it multiple times. I drop my phone all the time and it hasn't broken yet.

wesjeex3
Old
(Last edited by wesjeex3; 4th May 2014 at 08:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Warranty is void. A 5 bumper would have saved the new screen, buy a moto G.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
That's the funny party. There was a bumper on my S3. The Moto G looks like a sick phone. I might get that one if it's not fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismofan25 View Post
I wouldn't say it was defrauding. The phone shouldn't have broke by just dropping and bouncing, unless he had dropped it multiple times. I drop my phone all the time and it hasn't broken yet.
The first time it fell it was broken instantly. After it got repaired it never fell so today was the first time it fell after the new screen. It has fallen 2 times and got broken twice. You can call it bad luck I guess.

I can buy a Galaxy Nexus for 100 euros. Is that worth it or shall I just go with the moto G?

Did anyone help you? Hit the thanks button!

nismofan25
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesjeex3 View Post
That's the funny party. There was a bumper on my S3. The Moto G looks like a sick phone. I might get that one if it's not fixed.

The first time it fell it was broken instantly. After it got repaired it never fell so today was the first time it fell after the new screen. It has fallen 2 times and got broken twice. You can call it bad luck I guess.

I can buy a Galaxy Nexus for 100 euros. Is that worth it or shall I just go with the moto G?
I'd do that because it breaking twice after dropping it twice is ridiculous. I bet this has happened to other owners.