Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] Black screen after falling on the floor

OP wesjeex3

4th May 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 127

1,402 posts
More
Hi guys,

A couple of months ago I had a similar problem like this and it cost me 165 euros. I just hope one of you got the solution for me so I don't have to pay another 165 euros to repair it. If none of you have a solution for me would you please recommend me a low-priced (used is okay) phone so I can hold on til November and get myself a new one along with the telephone contract.

So this happened today. I was at the gym in the dressing room and I put my phone out of my pocket. It fell from my pocket on the floor on one of the sides. It bounced a little bit and then fell straight on its back. Then I saw a couple of blue and green pixels on the bottom of the screen and then there was just a black screen. When it's on and I move my fingers over the menu and back key they light up. When I hit the power key the screen still stays black.

I can't send it to Samsung because I got OmniROM running on it, right?

Greetings,
wesjeex3
4th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,208 posts
Warranty is void. A 5 bumper would have saved the new screen, buy a moto G.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3,053

5,396 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you completely brick it they won't be able to tell what ROM it was on. Odin can brick a phone really easy
Not recommended but its a easy problem solver and its what I'd do on a last resort. Some would say defrauding I'd say recouping some of the money we spent on an over priced phone.
4th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright

If you completely brick it they won't be able to tell what ROM it was on. Odin can brick a phone really easy
Not recommended but its a easy problem solver and its what I'd do on a last resort. Some would say defrauding I'd say recouping some of the money we spent on an over priced phone.

I wouldn't say it was defrauding. The phone shouldn't have broke by just dropping and bouncing, unless he had dropped it multiple times. I drop my phone all the time and it hasn't broken yet.
4th May 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 127

1,402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Warranty is void. A 5 bumper would have saved the new screen, buy a moto G.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's the funny party. There was a bumper on my S3. The Moto G looks like a sick phone. I might get that one if it's not fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismofan25

I wouldn't say it was defrauding. The phone shouldn't have broke by just dropping and bouncing, unless he had dropped it multiple times. I drop my phone all the time and it hasn't broken yet.

The first time it fell it was broken instantly. After it got repaired it never fell so today was the first time it fell after the new screen. It has fallen 2 times and got broken twice. You can call it bad luck I guess.

I can buy a Galaxy Nexus for 100 euros. Is that worth it or shall I just go with the moto G?
Last edited by wesjeex3; 4th May 2014 at 08:19 PM.
4th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesjeex3

That's the funny party. There was a bumper on my S3. The Moto G looks like a sick phone. I might get that one if it's not fixed.

The first time it fell it was broken instantly. After it got repaired it never fell so today was the first time it fell after the new screen. It has fallen 2 times and got broken twice. You can call it bad luck I guess.

I can buy a Galaxy Nexus for 100 euros. Is that worth it or shall I just go with the moto G?

I'd do that because it breaking twice after dropping it twice is ridiculous. I bet this has happened to other owners.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread