Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

blue tape

OP got-petrol

3rd August 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag wombwell uk
Thanks Meter: 171
 
960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Why is there blue tape on the micro sim and micro sd card holder I've had to remove it from the micro sim holder as it was stopping the sim card from ejecting
3rd August 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #2  
LiquidNarwhal's Avatar
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 33
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-petrol

Why is there blue tape on the micro sim and micro sd card holder I've had to remove it from the micro sim holder as it was stopping the sim card from ejecting

errrr pics? mine definitely did not have any tape on the sim.
3rd August 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag wombwell uk
Thanks Meter: 171
 
960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I've found a pic but there green on this picture
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ins...60&bih=640#i=8
3rd August 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #4  
laneyofdeath's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 329
 
1,421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Yeah mine has it too don't know why

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
3rd August 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
mine s3 did not have any tape on the sim too
3rd August 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #6  
fast78's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
i has the blue tapes too,and no idea why they are there.Also on the tapes are some words with black colour.just wondering...
my phone is made in Vietnam if thats matter

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
Last edited by fast78; 3rd August 2012 at 08:56 PM.
3rd August 2012, 09:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag wombwell uk
Thanks Meter: 171
 
960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast78

i has the blue tapes too,and no idea why they are there.Also on the tapes are some words with black colour.just wondering...
my phone is made in Vietnam if thats matter

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

like i said i had to remove mine from the micro sim brcause it was stopping the sim card from ejecting and i thought it shouldn't be there and has it got some thing to protect it wile its been manufactured

Last edited by got-petrol; 3rd August 2012 at 09:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to got-petrol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #8  
laneyofdeath's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 329
 
1,421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-petrol

like i said i had to remove mine from the micro sim brcause it was stopping the sim card from ejecting and i thought it shouldn't be there and has it got some thing to protect it wile its been manufactured

I didn't move mine it still there. No interference with micro Sim for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
4th August 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #9  
jnr21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 1,015
 
2,783 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Those tapes are there same reason as charger and screen has tapes too. You can rip it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to jnr21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #10  
laneyofdeath's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 329
 
1,421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr21

Those tapes are there same reason as charger and screen has tapes too. You can rip it off.

Makes sense that pal. Just something else to protect components from dust and that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes