Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] boot loop, cant enter recovery mode

Tip us?

navid.pirsajed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] boot loop, cant enter recovery mode

hey everyone,
so recently my power button got stuck and i ripped it out using a knife. few days ago i decided to install cyanogenmod and then i installed stock camera but that made my phone go into a boot loop. i can enter download mode using a usb jig and i have tried flashing stock firmware but that didnt help either and im still stuck in boot loop. i think doing a factory reset could help but i cant do that because i cant enter android or recovery mode

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by navid.pirsajed View Post
hey everyone,
so recently my power button got stuck and i ripped it out using a knife. few days ago i decided to install cyanogenmod and then i installed stock camera but that made my phone go into a boot loop. i can enter download mode using a usb jig and i have tried flashing stock firmware but that didnt help either and im still stuck in boot loop. i think doing a factory reset could help but i cant do that because i cant enter android or recovery mode
Yep factory mode would probably sort your problem out...You could try flashing a custom recovery in download mode and when it reboots it should go into recovery,or you could try to adb your phone into recovery.

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

navid.pirsajed
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
Yep factory mode would probably sort your problem out...You could try flashing a custom recovery in download mode and when it reboots it should go into recovery,or you could try to adb your phone into recovery.
thanks for helping. i got so desperate that i decided to flash cf auto root and the crazy thing is it actually WORKED !!
The Following User Says Thank You to navid.pirsajed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]