[Q] Bootloop Problem

OP vinceducut

18th May 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Las Piņas City
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
I know I sound like a total noob for the title alone, but I think this is something more complicated than you may have probably thought. My father gave me a ring, but my phone was locked back then. Now, I tried to answer the call but the screen was black and blank but my back and menu keys were lighting up. But I had to "cancel the call", but I wanted to know the time back then, so I proceeded to try and unlock the phone but to no avail. So, I had to try and take out the battery since my phone probably had crashed or something. Now, upon rebooting I'm now faced with a bootloop problem. I tried reflashing my rom, formatting /system and also flashing my previous Kitkat roms but still to no avail. Now, I do hope a kind soul can help me with this problem... please?
18th May 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 729

3,334 posts
Flash a full stock firmware with Odin, boot into recovery and factory reset. Check for any error messages in recovery then test.

It sounds like a partition corrupted, hopefully not permanently damaging the emmc chip.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Las Piņas City

32 posts
More
Thanks! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Flash a full stock firmware with Odin, boot into recovery and factory reset. Check for any error messages in recovery then test.

It sounds like a partition corrupted, hopefully not permanently damaging the emmc chip.

Will try, sir! Will reply once I'm done!
18th May 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Las Piņas City

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Thanks, it worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread