Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked with no ROM

OP Bath Salts

13th July 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So after trying to completely wipe my GS3 and put it back to Stock before selling it, I think ive somehow managed to delete my current ROM and now cant boot.

It can enter recovery mode (CWM) and enter download mode and flash other recoveries throw Odin But I cant load a ROM back on.
I can't access the SD card and can't mount: /System, /preload, /external_sd, /sdcard

I tried sideloading throw ADB but it cant detect the device and Kies did recognize it when I tried a "firmware upgrade and initialization" but refused to work because of its 'current version' (or something like that)

Are there any recoveries that could help? can you flash a ROM directly throw Odin? (i cant seem to find any that work), how do I fix the storage mounting / folder tree?

i9305, CWM recovery v6.0.2.9 and was running CM 11, dont have any usable backups.

Thanks
13th July 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 171

786 posts
More
Go to sammobile and download the stock rom to your phone. If you want to put your phone totaly stock flash the stock recovery too
13th July 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 372

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath Salts

So after trying to completely wipe my GS3 and put it back to Stock before selling it, I think ive somehow managed to delete my current ROM and now cant boot.

It can enter recovery mode (CWM) and enter download mode and flash other recoveries throw Odin But I cant load a ROM back on.
I can't access the SD card and can't mount: /System, /preload, /external_sd, /sdcard

I tried sideloading throw ADB but it cant detect the device and Kies did recognize it when I tried a "firmware upgrade and initialization" but refused to work because of its 'current version' (or something like that)

Are there any recoveries that could help? can you flash a ROM directly throw Odin? (i cant seem to find any that work), how do I fix the storage mounting / folder tree?

i9305, CWM recovery v6.0.2.9 and was running CM 11, dont have any usable backups.

Thanks

You need to ask your question here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help-i9305 << wrong forum this is 19300.Hope you have not flashed anything from here this could brick your device! If you haven't do as suggested in post above but make sure it is for your model of phone.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskorpiao112

Go to sammobile and download the stock rom to your phone. If you want to put your phone totaly stock flash the stock recovery too

Stock recovery gets flashed with stock rom unless it is custom rom which sammobile ones are not
13th July 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbra

786 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

You need to ask your question here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help-i9305 << wrong forum this is 19300.Hope you have not flashed anything from here this could brick your device! If you haven't do as suggested in post above but make sure it is for your model of phone.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Stock recovery gets flashed with stock rom unless it is custom rom which sammobile ones are not

And i flashed one before flashing the stock...
13th July 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 372

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskorpiao112

And i flashed one before flashing the stock...

Why? Odin files overwrite it so whatever you flash before flashing stock rom with odin gets wiped...Also I mentioned it so that the op would not get confused not to have a go at you .
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Coimbra

786 posts
More
Ok dude
The Following User Says Thank You to eskorpiao112 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread