Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked with no ROM

Tip us?
 
Bath Salts
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Storage [Q] Bricked with no ROM

So after trying to completely wipe my GS3 and put it back to Stock before selling it, I think ive somehow managed to delete my current ROM and now cant boot.

It can enter recovery mode (CWM) and enter download mode and flash other recoveries throw Odin But I cant load a ROM back on.
I can't access the SD card and can't mount: /System, /preload, /external_sd, /sdcard

I tried sideloading throw ADB but it cant detect the device and Kies did recognize it when I tried a "firmware upgrade and initialization" but refused to work because of its 'current version' (or something like that)

Are there any recoveries that could help? can you flash a ROM directly throw Odin? (i cant seem to find any that work), how do I fix the storage mounting / folder tree?

i9305, CWM recovery v6.0.2.9 and was running CM 11, dont have any usable backups.

Thanks
 
eskorpiao112
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 471
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Coimbra
Go to sammobile and download the stock rom to your phone. If you want to put your phone totaly stock flash the stock recovery too
 
tallman43
Old
#3  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 883
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath Salts View Post
So after trying to completely wipe my GS3 and put it back to Stock before selling it, I think ive somehow managed to delete my current ROM and now cant boot.

It can enter recovery mode (CWM) and enter download mode and flash other recoveries throw Odin But I cant load a ROM back on.
I can't access the SD card and can't mount: /System, /preload, /external_sd, /sdcard

I tried sideloading throw ADB but it cant detect the device and Kies did recognize it when I tried a "firmware upgrade and initialization" but refused to work because of its 'current version' (or something like that)

Are there any recoveries that could help? can you flash a ROM directly throw Odin? (i cant seem to find any that work), how do I fix the storage mounting / folder tree?

i9305, CWM recovery v6.0.2.9 and was running CM 11, dont have any usable backups.

Thanks
You need to ask your question here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help-i9305 << wrong forum this is 19300.Hope you have not flashed anything from here this could brick your device! If you haven't do as suggested in post above but make sure it is for your model of phone.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskorpiao112 View Post
Go to sammobile and download the stock rom to your phone. If you want to put your phone totaly stock flash the stock recovery too
Stock recovery gets flashed with stock rom unless it is custom rom which sammobile ones are not

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
 
eskorpiao112
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 471
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Coimbra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
You need to ask your question here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help-i9305 << wrong forum this is 19300.Hope you have not flashed anything from here this could brick your device! If you haven't do as suggested in post above but make sure it is for your model of phone.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------



Stock recovery gets flashed with stock rom unless it is custom rom which sammobile ones are not
And i flashed one before flashing the stock...
 
tallman43
Old
#5  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 312
Posts: 883
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskorpiao112 View Post
And i flashed one before flashing the stock...
Why? Odin files overwrite it so whatever you flash before flashing stock rom with odin gets wiped...Also I mentioned it so that the op would not get confused not to have a go at you .

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eskorpiao112
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 471
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Coimbra
Ok dude
The Following User Says Thank You to eskorpiao112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more