XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked my Samsung Galaxy S3

Tip us?

piisuke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked my Samsung Galaxy S3

Ugh, totally my fault for not thinking this through.

Had downloaded the Paranoid Android ROM, a newer version from what I had, as I had installed it incorrectly.
So I thought, no worries, I'll just reinstall the ROM.

Booted into recovery mode, did a full wipe and then tried to install the new rom, only I couldn't find it anywhere...

Thinking I'll restart the phone and figure it out from there, but of course it doesn't go past the loading screen.

I can boot into download mode, but on my PC if I boot Odin, it doesn't recognize the phone and I get no yellow colour.

Pretty sure my internal SD card still has one or two custom roms on it, but without booting into recovery mode, I can't do much.
Odin doesn't recognize my phone. I installed the drivers from the samsung website, but it is not reading the phone in download mode.
Now I am unsure if there's another driver I need to install, i.e. a USB driver, seeing as this is a brand new pc, but other than that, I'm stuck.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

demonoid phenomenom
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Download galaxy s3 toolkit from original android development section,install it and agree when asked to install drivers , reboot Pc and cross fingers for your Pc to detect your phone in download mode then just flash stock ROM

Sent from the grey stuff inside my skull
The Following User Says Thank You to demonoid phenomenom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

florinlita
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP), you can use an OTG cable to connect a USB stick to your phone (which will be discovered by CWM, haven't tried TWRP) and install a new ROM with gapps from it...

Of course if you want to install stock, you have to stick with Odin.

Hope it helps