XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Calendar syncing issue on Galaxy S3

Tip us?

stevierayvaughan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Calendar syncing issue on Galaxy S3

I'm just starting off with Android, and I can't figure out how to get my Google Calendar synced with the S3. Here is a screenshot of when I hit Calendars in "S Calendar": http://i.imgur.com/p3CcV.png

When I create a new event, I can choose which calendar it should be in: http://i.imgur.com/7V5lS.png

I created a Test event and tried choosing either of the other calendars, saving and syncing, but no matter what I cannot see the event on any other machine with my Google account. In Accounts and Sync, my Google account options are all checked to sync. This damned thing will not sync, though

(Contacts syncs fine, thankfully). Would appreciate any help!

cmd512
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierayvaughan View Post
I'm just starting off with Android, and I can't figure out how to get my Google Calendar synced with the S3. Here is a screenshot of when I hit Calendars in "S Calendar": http://i.imgur.com/p3CcV.png

When I create a new event, I can choose which calendar it should be in: http://i.imgur.com/7V5lS.png

I created a Test event and tried choosing either of the other calendars, saving and syncing, but no matter what I cannot see the event on any other machine with my Google account. In Accounts and Sync, my Google account options are all checked to sync. This damned thing will not sync, though

(Contacts syncs fine, thankfully). Would appreciate any help!
My advice is to login from your notebook or desktop computer first and access Google Calendars directly as you can setup your main calendar much easier there. Once setup (calendar name, color, sharing options, etc), you can easily go under S Calendar and choose to sync the name of the calendar you just created online.

Afterwards, you'll be able to add/delete events from both your device or on your computer. Hope this helps!
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500
ROM:
WanamLite XXEUMK8 V3.4 Kernel: Perseus alpha18
Other Devices: Google Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300
My Ladies AWD Dyno Pull CQuartz+Victoria Concours Wax

The Following User Says Thank You to cmd512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevierayvaughan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks, the problem is a little different now as I finally got the damned thing to sync with my Google account. Now, every time I create a new Event I keep getting the default calendar to be Samsung Calendar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq8bco0pnp...8-21-23-52.png

Yet in the S Planner Settings > Calendars I have this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdj6hpp3tj...1530870737.png As you can see, I only have my Gmail account checked, I have the My Calendars/Tasks and Samsung account all unchecked.

I even went into Accounts and Sync and unchecked every option for my Samsung account there, so the only account syncing right now on my phone is my Google account. Still the new Events in S Planner default to the Samsung Calendar!?! Greatly appreciate any way to solve this

Bruce Lee
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 333
Have you tried clearing data in calendar and calendar storage in settings yet? Then resync calendar stuff after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Phone:
16GB Black Nexus 5 running ParanoidAndroid 4.2 Beta 4 with CharizardX Kernel

Past Devices:
ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII
ATT Motorola Dual Core Atrix 4G
ATT Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Unlocked HTC G1
32GB Nexus 7
Blackberry Playbook

Google+ page for chatty XDA members!
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102405...48467738/posts
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Lee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wirelessgirl
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I'm having the same issue after I created a new gmail account. It syncs fine with my BlackBerry. When I added my new gmail account on my S2 it wouldn't sync my calendar or contacts. I thought there was an issue with my S2. It won't sync to my S3 as well. Is there something in gmail that I have to do? The calendar dates are still syncing on my old gmail account.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

stevierayvaughan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voelker45 View Post
Have you tried clearing data in calendar and calendar storage in settings yet? Then resync calendar stuff after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Where do I go to do this? I just ran through Settings and cannot find it, I'd appreciate if you could point me out, thanks!

anuj25
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Setting- application manager ,click the app and clear data

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to anuj25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevierayvaughan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks, I did that, even rebooted the phone, but Samsung Calendar is still default. I think I'm going to use Jorte and forget about S Planner, despite how great it looks :/

Wirelessgirl
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I fixed my gmail calendar sync issues. No need to respond in case someone figures it out later on.

trusktr
Old
(Last edited by trusktr; 29th June 2012 at 10:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I got Calendar Calendar Events synced just fine, but apparently it won't sync Google Tasks. It wants you to use the Samsung-specific task system I guess. That sucks.

As soon as I root my phone I will delete the calendar app. I use the "Jorte" calendar app (available in Play store) which syncs everything and has the most robust options of any calendar app that I've seen so far (wince the last time I went app hunting last November, could be new apps by now). Jorte allows you to view Google Calendar Events and Google Tasks at the same time in multiple, customizeable different types of views (monthly, various versions of weekly views, daily, etc). Jorte is SUPER customizeable. I have found no other app that comes close in terms of functionality.

Another app call "LLama - Location Profiles" lets you automatically customize just about any aspect of your phone depending on your location and time of day. It will change your profiles automatically when you enter or leave a location at certain times. You can even tell it to remind you about something based on location and time. For example, you can have Llama remind you to "Clean Mom's car" when you arrive at Mom's house, or to "Ask my boss that question before I leave work!" if you are at your work location and it is almost time to leave.

That's a shame Samsung won't let you sync Google Tasks.

It's even more of a shame that Android's native Calendar app doesn't support Google Tasks. Come on now Google!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trusktr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
calendar sync