In call volume problem

Search This thread

EasyWorld

Apr 28, 2011
Recently I've noticed a problem that I most certainly didn't have before. The problem is that the in call volume keeps going down to around 50% with every new call. When I receive or make a call, the in call volume is around 50%, which is not enough for me. So I make it louder to 100% and can talk just fine. Unfortunately, with a new call the volume goes down again to the same default volume around 50%, which means I have to turn the volume up every time I receive or make a call. This is really annoying. I'm absolutely positive that I did not have the problem before. What might cause the problem and what can be done about it?

P.S. Settings >>> Sound >>> Volume - all the sliders are on the right.

QoY

Sep 13, 2012
Rotterdam
Recently I've noticed a problem that I most certainly didn't have before. The problem is that the in call volume keeps going down to around 50% with every new call. When I receive or make a call, the in call volume is around 50%, which is not enough for me. So I make it louder to 100% and can talk just fine. Unfortunately, with a new call the volume goes down again to the same default volume around 50%, which means I have to turn the volume up every time I receive or make a call. This is really annoying. I'm absolutely positive that I did not have the problem before. What might cause the problem and what can be done about it?

Go to Phone -> Call settings -> My Call sound.

You can try this. Or use the extra volume button when calling someone.

EasyWorld

Apr 28, 2011
Go to Phone -> Call settings -> My Call sound.

You can try this. Or use the extra volume button when calling someone.

I have tried that (both checking and unchecking the option) - the problem remains. The extra volume button is not an option since tapping it every time is even more annoying than increasing the volume with the Volume Up button.

Last edited:

art_arev

Sep 7, 2012
Harare

Why dont you try a factory reset.....

EasyWorld

Apr 28, 2011
Why dont you try a factory reset.....

As a last resort, I finally did. It worked. Luckily, I had a two week old nandroid backup, so, hating to restore all the apps and settings manually, I just fell back to that backup. It appears that I did not have the problem in question two weeks ago, so after restoring from the backup I got back all my apps and settings with no in call volume issue. But it is still unclear what caused the problem and how to fix it if it pops up again.